Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Replacement Supplies - 'Water Tank/Tray' - Medicare & DME
Replacement Supplies - 'Water Tank/Tray' - Medicare & DME
I had owned a Dream Station 1 for about a year and a half. The DME supplied replacement supplies (filters, hoses, masks, & headgear) in the prescribed intervals that Medicare allowed. One item I never received during that time period was a 'Humidifier Water Chamber' that appears to be on a 6 month interval. I assume a water chamber is the name for the tank or tray(?) Is the 'Humidifier Water Chamber' replacement machine dependent and possibly it wasn't deemed to be part that adhered to the 6 month recommendation? I now have a DS2 and wondering if the 'water chamber' for that will not be on a 6 month replacement cycle as well. The water tray for the DS1 never really showed any sign of wear and I don't suspect the one for the DS2 will either. Just wondering if some machines are treated differently for some supplies. I'm pretty sure the DME would push a replacement tank if they could ($$$).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Replacement Supplies - 'Water Tank/Tray' - Medicare & DME
Ask your DME. I am offered one every interval. I'm sure if you ask it will be available.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm offered a new water chamber every six months.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey thanks for the replies.
I order supplies from my DME's site when they send an email notification. They list what I'm due for and I tick off a check box of what I need/want. I don't ever recall seeing a water chamber listed. Knowing that others have gotten a water chamber at the recommended intervals I guess a call the DME is in order.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CSpring Water Tank PAPAstro 8 2,084 04-12-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: dean406
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 217 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment chzuck 12 228 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  CPAP and Medicare and yearly Rx renewal silverchief2 8 273 04-08-2024, 06:58 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,830 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 33 10,404 03-29-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Who Do You Get Your Supplies From? Fritz1255 2 178 03-29-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.