Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

? for 960 ASV users
? for 960 ASV users
For the first month my ASV was blessedly quiet compared to my older one. Now it wheezes when it changes to inhalation pressure. Monkeying with the humidifier silences it for a few minutes but then it's back and keeps me awake. Since last week the humidifier light is on even though I have the machine's indicator light setting on off.

The DME guy helpfully told me to cover the light with tape. And when I asked him to order me a side panel for the ASV so I can remove the humidifier to see if that's where the noise is coming from he refused to order it saying its cosmetic only and I don't need it. So now I have a two month old machine that looks like crap and makes so much noise I don't fall asleep for an hour or more.

DME guy is annoyed with me because I've already gotten this one as an exchange. The first ASV wasn't recording data. To show you his brilliance he looked at my download and said how great my AHI was at .8. Reminded him that I hadn't used the machine four four nights because of the noise so 4 nights of 0 were factored into that 7 day data report.

Any idea what might cause the wheeze and what I can do about it? I can't send it to Respironics for repair because the DME won't authorize it and I can't send it to an independent repair person because I'm still under compliance check. I don't think my insurance company would let me return it and start over with a new DME.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ? for 960 ASV users
For starters, there are 3 silicone seals that connect the humidifier to the blower unit and reservoir. Two seals in the dry box can be seen with the humidifier chamber taken out, and are the humidifier inlet and outlet to the humidifier chamber. The last one is on the humidifier lid under the hose outlet. They can all be removed, cleaned, inspected and if necessary replaced. Take a close look at all the seals, and if one has moved out of place or developed a tear, that is the problem. They are very inexpensive. Worth checking anyway.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ? for 960 ASV users
Stopped home and took off humidifier. Discovered noise is actually in the mask. Tried my old mask and had same problem. I never had this problem with my old ASV. No leaks just wheezy/snort/darth Vader kind of thing. Actually louder without humidifier.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,410 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  [CPAP] Breas Z2 users? acctingman 18 3,160 10-30-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: MontezumasViper
  Any Resmed AirSense 10 users near Bend OR? I’m traveling and need help. Mbranning 4 557 10-24-2023, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Mbranning
  New to CPAP - on week 4 of 6 week trial - Any Sefam S.Box users out there? Kingsway 14 1,720 07-26-2023, 02:59 PM
Last Post: dbcpap
  WARNING to CPAP Users: PREPARE for the Unexpected - When the power goes out SuperSleeper 231 120,289 07-21-2023, 05:07 AM
Last Post: baffled
Smile An AWARD for FFM users with 0% leaks sleepyzzz 9 924 07-21-2023, 01:33 AM
Last Post: snorin2
  BMC CPAP Machine - Any users? aktmdn 7 890 07-18-2023, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.