Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

formatting SD card
formatting SD card
Last night I used my Resmed Airsense 11 for 7.5 hours but there was nothing on the card.  I'm wondering if I should try a different card and if so, does it need to be formatted specially for Oscar?  Will use the APAP for a few minutes after noon and see if it records anything and if not, I will need to figure out why.  Thoughts?  LP
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: formatting SD card
Did you have the "write protect" turned on?  On some SD cards it is listed  as "Lock". Make sure it's fully forward, like the photo below.
[Image: SD_memory-lock.jpg]
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2022, 07:45 AM)Larrypac Wrote: Last night I used my Resmed Airsense 11 for 7.5 hours but there was nothing on the card.  I'm wondering if I should try a different card and if so, does it need to be formatted specially for Oscar?  Will use the APAP for a few minutes after noon and see if it records anything and if not, I will need to figure out why.  Thoughts?  LP

I took the card out again and found the data  this time.  Also did another search and there is some info on the board about formatting data cards. (the machine does it automatically, though there is some discussion about using cards larger than 32 GB)
Post Reply Post Reply
Another member, ScottZZZ, tested his AS11 up to 256GB (I think). The 32GB limitation is for Resmed models AS10 and earlier.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The main precaution I would give is don't use a card that has data from another machine present.  It won't cause a problem for the AS11 per se, but it may cause a problem for OSCAR or ResScan seeing files from multiple machines, and/or may overwrite (obliterate) data from the previous machine depending on make/model.

Start with an empty card, formatted or unformatted, and place it into the AS11.  The AS11 will format the card if/as needed and create the AS11's standard files/folders.  

Most machines can't handle cards larger than 32gb, but (as Nate said above) the AS11 can because it can format and read/write the ExFAT format commonly used for larger cards.  If it sees a blank card, or a format it doesn't recognize, the AS11 will reformat the card automatically using FAT32 or ExFAT format as appropriate for the size.  Even a 4gb card can handle years of data, so spending more for a larger card is of no benefit -- but the AS11 can handle them if that's what you have.

The machine internally stores up to 365 days of "summary/compliance" data and will copy that summary data onto the SD card whenever inserted.  However, detailed flow data is only written if the card is in the machine during therapy.

The card slot on the AS11 can be a little finicky.  For example, if the card is pushed in far enough to make a momentary contact just before being pushed in rest of the way, the machine will often put up an error and refuse to use the card.  If that happens, the solution is simply to remove the card and re-insert it again, making sure to insert it fully in one motion so there is no momentary contact.

The AS11 also throws up an appropriate error message if the card is write-protected, telling you to remove the card, unprotect it, and re-insert it.

Related to the latter two issues...  It is important to wait/watch the display for a bit after inserting a card.  There should be a message from the AS11 saying it is loading the card, then it should proceed to the normal menu after a few seconds.  If that message doesn't appear, or if an error message appears instead, then there's a problem and data will likely not be written to the card until the problem is resolved.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question SD Formatting and OSCAR not working smallhandsfeeding 2 199 02-02-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 921 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,867 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  Downloading data to SD card of Resmed for nights that SD card not in ResMed machine Robert6 8 9,326 06-19-2015, 09:28 AM
Last Post: estgad
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,249 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.