Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

freezing nose
Question 
freezing nose
Is there any way to keep my nose warm while using nasal pillows?
I sleep in a cold room but lately my nose is so cold while using my nasal pillows that I have to take it off.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: freezing nose
(01-13-2015, 05:33 PM)rihbones Wrote: Is there any way to keep my nose warm while using nasal pillows?
I sleep in a cold room but lately my nose is so cold while using my nasal pillows that I have to take it off.

Hi rihbones, welcome to Apnea Board.

I think a heated tube would help.

Also, one of the benefits of CPAP therapy is I can now sleep under the covers, to help keep my head warm and to help shield me from light.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi rihbones,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

No Rihbones! Don't take your nose off! Your nasal pillows won't fit right if you do that.

Instead, since moving air and moisture can cause cooling, try warming things up a little. Either with a climateline hose, or maybe by increasing the ambient temperature in your room. You could turn your humidifier down a little but I think I'd rather leave it alone and jack the thermostat up a degree or so.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,805 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 193 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 145 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,964 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 170 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Can flow limitation stem from congested nose with nose mask? 40plus 11 645 01-29-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Airtouch F20 nose irritation artg 4 463 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: artg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.