Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

full face mask
full face mask
does anyone using a full face mask feel like they are strangling and not getting enough air.emubob
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: full face mask
Welcome to the board.

There are several possible reasons for feeling like that.

First we need to know more about your machine and setup. If you can find the information about make and model it would help.

Second I am not familiar with your mask, but with my F10 FFM I can feel like I have difficulty breathing through my nose if the mask is too low on the nose bridge. By moving the mask slightly, an 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch up higher on the nose it will relieve that sensation.

Another reason could be the pressure is too low, I see you indicate 8 cm for your pressure which for most people would be high enough to not feel starved for air. SO, I don't think that is the problem, but it could be.

And fourth, are you having problems breathing in or out? If out, then it is something you need to get accustomed to, breathing out against the pressure. Most machines have a setting (called different things in different machines) which will automatically reduce the pressure when you exhale to make it easier to breath. Without knowing which machine you have I can't help there.

Frank
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: full face mask
need all your settings, it would be typical for a low starting point for a ramp to cause this issue. 8 "should" be high enough. Should not have anything to do with FFM or any other kind (physical pressure as noted above cold be happening)

1. are you in CPAP mode or APAP mode?
2. if APAP is the 8cm the min or max pressure?
3. do you have ramp enabled? if so what is the starting pressure?

Look for product stickers on the machine and give us the brand and model number
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 449 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,452 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 678 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 365 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 417 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 580 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 154 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.