Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

full face mask for high cheekbones
full face mask for high cheekbones
Hi,
I tried the quattro FX and it hurt my cheeks terribly because of the high cheekbones. The quattro sits differently so its a lot better but it does leak by the eyes or rub on the bridge of the nose. I can live with it but I was o=hoping someone could suggest something better to try?
Regards,
Jenny
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: full face mask for high cheekbones
First, why do you use a full face mask? If due to mouth breathing in your sleep, have you tried a chin strap?

Another mask to try would be one of the hybrids such as the Liberty. It has the nasal pillows for the nose, so nothing is covering it, and the rest of the mask covers the mouth.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I have never been able to breathe successfully for any length of time with my nose normally and its often blocked with allergies so full face mask is necessary
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi sunstone,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Mirage Liberty: http://www.resmed.com/us/products/mirage...c=patients

Gecko nose pads: http://www.resmed.com/us/misc_lp/gecko-h...nc=dealers

You can try mask liner with the Quattro
padacheek and Remzzz makes some
you can also make your own liners from an old T-shirt or similar material

ResMed Quattro: Overview and Fitting Video (#10)
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA23652FAF5627F3F

what machine are you using?
Post Reply Post Reply
The hybrid mask should still work in theory. Since it rests below the nose, it would avoid your cheekbones.

Another alternative is a mask called the Oracle which is an oral only mask. It works similar to a SCUBA mouthpiece.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2013, 07:08 PM)sunstone Wrote: I tried the quattro FX and it hurt my cheeks terribly because of the high cheekbones. The quattro sits differently so its a lot better but it does leak by the eyes or rub on the bridge of the nose.

Hi Jenny,

I use the Mirage Quattro with a ResMed Gecko gel pad which seals leaks around the eyes and also protects the bridge of my nose.

And I wear the Quattro FX with a RemZzzs mask liner. (Any chance you need a larger size Quattro FX? Pink is only available in small and medium, but in blue there is also a large size.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
i will try the liners and if that does not work then the liberty. Thanks for all the help!
Post Reply Post Reply
for the machine by the way to answer that question I have is a borrowed fisher and paykel sleepstyle 600. I am purchasing a resmed s9
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2013, 03:41 AM)sunstone Wrote: for the machine by the way to answer that question I have is a borrowed fisher and paykel sleepstyle 600. I am purchasing a resmed s9
You don,t want any ResMed machine with Escape in the name
Such as S9 Escape or S9 Escape Auto

S9 AutoSet and S9 Elite are data capable machines
Look next to power button for the model name

S9 AutoSet cost few dollars more than Elite and better long term investment
You can setup on CPAP mode to deliver constant pressure all night long or AutoSet mode ... Two machines in one

If you happen to be in Australia and don,t want to pay the rip-off prices
Head to Supplier #2 and Supplier #10 ... Both ship outside US
Supplier List: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 131 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 714 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 110 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 122 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,439 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 531 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 218 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.