Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

full face mask ideas - again
full face mask ideas - again
SPECS:
1. Minimal leaks at HIGH PRESSURE
2. Small face
3. No morning pressure marks or swollen eyes
4. Comfy

the f&p simplus is working, but since I will see the doctor Friday I
want to explore other options. Anyone using the Ultra mirage
full face mask?

2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: full face mask ideas - again
I checked and it's not one that's been reviewed here.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
If you wanted to try other masks, try Quattro Air or AirFit F10, both use the same cushion and there is "For Her" version
Like the Simplus, both have no forehead support, Ultra Mirage have the forehead support

Post Reply Post Reply
The UltraMirage FFM is a very old style (10+ years) and something I wouldn't recommend. Resmed's upgrade to the UM FFM was the Quattro, which has been upgraded since. The newest upgrade is the Quattro Air and Airfit P10.

At high pressures, any mask can be a challenge. Every mask is different. Every face is different.

Using a liner between you and the mask might help cut down on leaks and marks on face. I've used Remzzzs but I know there are other products out there and have a number of patients that have made their own.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mask fit is about balancing comfort with effectiveness. While the mask without a forehead is more comfortable but is often not as effective at higher pressures.

Quattro Air, Amara, Quattro. Make sure they check fit at your full pressure and even move the mask around to see that it doesn't leak at the slightest touch.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thankyou all for the recommendations. I have requested to try the Amara and Quatro Air
for her.

Jaycee- You are right about the forehead support. I tried the airfit P10 because it
did not have the forehead support, but in the end it did not work for me because I felt it
needed a forehead support!
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
Zonk was mistaken... Quattro Air does have a forehead support, the AirFit F10 does not. I have both of these masks, and I prefer the F10 because it doesn't have the forehead support. So maybe you'll prefer the F10.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2014, 11:28 PM)DNB128 Wrote: Zonk was mistaken... Quattro Air does have a forehead support, the AirFit F10 does not.
Yes, you,re right, thanks for the correction
Quattro Air have the forehead support but not the forehead dial of the original Quattro and Ultra Mirage (would that be right saying so?)
Post Reply Post Reply
Can I purchase my own full face mask without asking my doctor. I am very unhappy with my DME people. They don't seem interested in anything. I have tried 2 different masks and neither are really ideal. Will my insurance pay to change again?
Post Reply Post Reply
Most DME's will have some type of 30 day mask exchange program. Most insurances won't pay for a new mask for 3 months (some only 1 per year).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 527 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 173 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,611 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 702 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 596 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.