Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

full face mask ideas - again
RE: full face mask ideas - again
(06-09-2014, 12:31 PM)readyforsleep Wrote: Thankyou all for the recommendations. I have requested to try the Amara and Quatro Air
for her.

Jaycee- You are right about the forehead support. I tried the airfit P10 because it
did not have the forehead support, but in the end it did not work for me because I felt it
needed a forehead support!

For what its worth, I have the Quattro Air and although I can't use it and had to give it up, that was only because i cannot use FF masks at all but they tried about 15 different FF masks on me and they all leaked except for the Quattro Air

No leaking at all on that one.
At least for me
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2014, 09:46 AM)sherrylea Wrote: Can I purchase my own full face mask without asking my doctor. I am very unhappy with my DME people. They don't seem interested in anything. I have tried 2 different masks and neither are really ideal. Will my insurance pay to change again?
Ask your DME about mask trials policy, manufacturer allows you to return mask within 30 days

Here wiki what your insurance cover if following Medicare replacement schedule:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...6_Medicare

As for purchasing your own mask, yes you can but you need a valid prescription to purchase whole mask
No prescription is required if you buy mask frame and headgear separately
In any case you should have a copy of the prescription, if you don,t have one ... ask for one

Welcome

Edit: The machine in your profile: Machine: Phillips Respironics
Not all machines are data capable, model numbers 450 or 460 (60 series machines) and above are data capable machines (below are not)
Data capable machines report efficacy data (AHI, leak, etc ...) and supported by SleepyHead software
Here is the link to the software download http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links

The model number printed at the label fixed at the bottom of the machine, remove the water tank before checking if using humidifier

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2014, 09:46 AM)sherrylea Wrote: Can I purchase my own full face mask without asking my doctor. I am very unhappy with my DME people. They don't seem interested in anything. I have tried 2 different masks and neither are really ideal. Will my insurance pay to change again?
Hi sherrylea,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your question and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed Quattro Air ....never had leaks....sleep like a baby!Wink

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2014, 11:40 AM)Ripandsnort Wrote: ResMed Quattro Air ....never had leaks....sleep like a baby!Wink

What am I doing wrong then, as I often have lots of leaks with the Quattro Air?

I've gone back to my Quattro FX, with which I have relatively few leaks.

It's horses for courses, I suppose.

Post Reply Post Reply
What is your pressure range??

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I have never figured this out why people have leaks...must be the mask is just a perfect fit for me. Also, since I have been on CPAP I don't seem to move around in bed like I used to. I fall asleep on my back and wake in the same position. I do keep the mask ultra clean and shave close before sleep. I'd guess i'd keep trying new masks and read what you can here at the board...good luck and pleasant dreams. Cool

Post Reply Post Reply
Yup....it is a lot of personal preference and what works for each individual. I have found the Quattro Air works for me, but I'm not on the highest of pressures.

I'm at the end of a trial of a Respironics FitLife...it's a big mask (total face), but I found it sealed really well at the "fit check" pressure of 20 cm H20 from my ResMed machine. It's not for everyone, but don't discount it either.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2014, 07:44 PM)PaytonA Wrote: What is your pressure range??

My pressure varies a lot (it's auto adjusting) but is mostly in the 8 to 16 range.

My leaks are at the high end of that range. I find that the leaks with the Quattro FX are fairly consistent, but for some reason are not with the Air (being low some nights and very high on others).

Many thanks

Kadenz
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-07-2014, 04:26 PM)Kadenz Wrote:
(07-04-2014, 07:44 PM)PaytonA Wrote: What is your pressure range??

My pressure varies a lot (it's auto adjusting) but is mostly in the 8 to 16 range.

My leaks are at the high end of that range. I find that the leaks with the Quattro FX are fairly consistent, but for some reason are not with the Air (being low some nights and very high on others).

Many thanks

Kadenz

Actually, I'm not surprised that the leaks with the Quattro Air are kind of all over the place....I get the same thing. Some days it is near zero, but I know if I move much, I can have some much higher leak rates.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 522 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 172 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,604 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 702 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 595 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.