Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

full face mask ideas
full face mask ideas
A while back I tried the Mirage Quatro and my nose broke out in welts.
At that time, I gave up on using a Full face mask. I am back looking at
Full face masks. Any suggestions? I would try the Mirage again if there
are ideas out there about my poor nose. (Dme said I might have a skin
sensitivity to the silicone)

Is there a mask that fits under the chin - I have major problems
keeping my mouth shut.
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: full face mask ideas
I use the F&P Simplus ffm and a CareFusion PureSom single-strap chin restraint placed under the Simplus harness. The Simplus has a fairly soft cushion across the bridge of the nose but if you continue to have the irritation, you might try a mask liner. Search the forum and you will find opinions on at least three mask liners used by members. I haven't needed the liner. Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the Mirage Quattro for a couple of months now and finally noticed a little soreness on the side of my nose. I have found that I can back the nose piece off and still get a good seal and the soreness has gone away. I did not have any skin irritation, however. If skin sensitivity is a problem, a mask liner might be a solution and the Padacheek liner has some extra cushioning for the bridge of the nose.

bedst Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had good luck with the Resmed Quattro Air mask. On it they have eliminated the hard ridge across the bridge of your nose that creates so much problems. Another user this morning pointed out that Resmed has announced a new Air F10 full face mask that could be very nice. I don't know when it will be available, but probably quite soon. You can research it a bit on the Resmed site.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do have my eye on the Air P10 mask. FREE RETURN INSURANCE makes it even better! With a mask liner, my nose might survive. I never realized the liners covered all your skin, I thought they only were used to help seal the edge where it hits your face. Duh. A little pricey, though.
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
readyforsleep, if you like a nasal mask or pillows, a chin strap may be a great option to help prevent mouth leaks. If you're after a full face mask and want / need one that supports the chin, there are some options out there. The Forma series (F&P?) and Hans Rudolph v2's all have chin support.

If you are sensitive to the silicone, though, your options are a little more limited. A liner may be the way to use the mask you want and keep you from reacting. Otherwise, you may need a thermoplastic mask instead. I know some of the Hans Rudolph lineup are thermoplastic (I've tried a few recently....hence why I know) and I do believe there are others, but I am far from a mask expert.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 520 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 171 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,601 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 700 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 447 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 595 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.