Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

full mask leaving redness on cheeks
full mask leaving redness on cheeks
Hi all: well, Iv'e become a mouth breather and my beloved P10 nasal mask won't work anymore. I started on a new full face mask and I'm sleeping far better and feel much better. In fact I was having to take afternoon naps and often had that spacey feeling from lack of good sleep over the last many months using the nasal pillows---even tho my machine reported I was having almost no apnea events. (In fact it showed both that I had horrible leaks AND that the mask was working.)

So I keep the new mask clean, and I'm now wearing it as loose as possible without losing the seal. Any tips on losing the slight redness around my cheeks? Maybe a mask liner?

Thanks,
--Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: full mask leaving redness on cheeks
Definitely try a mask liner. And if the marks are partly or wholly caused by the straps, then look for strap covers. Pad-a-Cheek makes excellent ones.

Don't forget to update your profile to show your new mask!
Post Reply Post Reply
Lanolin cream, found in the breastfeeding mothers section of the local drugstore, has helped this a lot for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I first started SA Therapy, I had my fair share of red marks on my face due to my AirFit F20 FFM. 

I just thought of the marks as the cost of doing SA business. It took me a while to adjust, but I rarely see any, any more. My face has adjusted.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
As BigGuy has said your face will adjust eventually. You just have to keep at it. One thing you can try is soaking the cushion in hot soapy water for about an hour. It’ll soften it up some for you and may help with the red marks even more. 

I do that before I wear a mask after I get a new cushion and once a week usually on a Sunday when I clean all of my equipment. The hot water will also help with any bends in your hose from being in the package for a long time. That worked on my heated hose that had a sharp bend that wouldn’t go away.

Just a couple things you can try. Hope it helps. If there’s one thing I realized about sleep apnea and having to wear a mask every night and for naps. The more you do it the faster you adjust and what works for one person may be a disaster for you. Like my profile says “patience is the KEY to PAP success”. Good luck to you.
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 520 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,601 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 700 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  Low o2 with full face mask Eabhainn 2 264 02-09-2024, 10:43 AM
Last Post: ItsComplicated
  Full face mask tightness pushing jaw back and leaks wickedsleepy 11 746 02-07-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.