Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

fullface mask for mouth breather
RE: fullface mask for mouth breather
(10-08-2019, 06:26 PM)Sudsy Wrote: Hi again

Well I have tried the Airtight  F20 med mask. I woke up this morning with a sore on the bridge of my nose. I did not think I had it too tight it felt good when I went to bed
but man is my nose sore. I don't think I had many leaks at all.

I went back to DME and she gave me a large F20 to try. Lets hope this one works good for me. She said I may have some leaks around bottom of mask because it is a larger mask.

Wish me luck

Thanks
Sudsy

Don't be too put off you if wake with some mask contact irritation areas on your face. I did and within a few days, my face became accustomed to the mask and all has been good. 

I use a size large F20 mask. I too, get a sore spot every now and then. That could be because of various issues. After a couple of weeks of use, the sore spots were no longer an issue. 

It's not normal at all to have something rubbing the skin on your face all night long. It will get irritated. But for most people, the face will adapt.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2019, 11:34 AM)Sudsy Wrote: Hello

The Dme has given me a Dream wear full face mask to try. I am a mouth breather and my mouth opens up all the time and my jaw falls out of the mask.

Can anyone recommend a full face  mask for people who breathe thru there mouth?

Thanks for your help

Sudsy

Hello Sudsy and Welcome to the forum.  I also am a sometimes mouth-breather, and I started PAP in 2014.  As I recall the 1st mask I tried was a Resmed Quatro.  I wasn't too happy with it, as it required a good deal of fiddling to handle leaks.  At that time, a popular option was the F&P Simplus.  I found an online PAP supplier who would allow a mask exchange for full credit, ANY NUMBER OF TIMES!  My DME would allow a mask exchange ONLY ONCE.  So I ordered a Simplus online, and have happily been using that model of mask ever since  I have taken to using the Remzzz fabric mask liners, as they seem to help my face which seems to be a little reddened where the silicone mask seal sits.  Also, they seem to diffuse minor leaks, especially around my eyes.  I have found no trouble in re-using the Remzzz liners a number of times, so the cost is appreciably less than if they were used once and discarded, as Remzzz suggests.

Good luck on your journey!
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,
Essentially a mouth breather, side sleeper, at the time started treatment, 2 years ago. 1.5 years pretty much lost trying to use nasal mask, correct leaks, chin....etc. About to give up therapy, i found out aiffit f20. Thanks Prana! Fixed mouth breathing and leaks (maximum pressures around 13.0), and plus, give me very good feedbacks on my PLMS-moves. Love It!
Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool 
(10-07-2019, 11:34 AM)Sudsy Wrote: Hello

The Dme has given me a Dream wear full face mask to try. I am a mouth breather and my mouth opens up all the time and my jaw falls out of the mask.

Can anyone recommend a full face  mask for people who breathe thru there mouth?

Thanks for your help

Sudsy

Been using APAP for over 5 years. I start out the night as a nose breather, so I was using nasal masks (4 years) but found that during or after an apnea I would tend to open my mouth and breath/snore, so I recently I purchased a full face mask.  I am female so I am using the female version but I find the seal to sit great no matter how much I move in the night and I am having NO irritation at all around my face/nose.  I am using AirTouch F20 Full Face CPAP with Headgear by ResMed.like
but I am sure the "for him" version will be good too.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 40 Yesterday, 06:41 AM
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 384 03-27-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 319 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 243 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,081 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 810 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 8 1,169 03-08-2024, 09:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.