Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

gear head related -- supercharger, etc. install coming
(06-28-2015, 11:17 AM)worn_out_in_lebanon Wrote: Aiming for around 550hp at the wheels.

Wow, If you get that on the dyno, you'll have one great whiplash ride! I envy you and admire the way you're going about this. Would that I had all that capability when I was fooling around.

Dude

Post Reply Post Reply
This reminds me of the project my uncle did when we were growing up. He had fixed up a mid-'60's Ford pickup which was very nice looking. Then he decided to sell the truck body only. He kept the auto transmission and the bored out 390 V8 and dual Holley carbs. Next comes the interesting part. He had a Datsun B210 that "begged" to have Ford V8 and auto tranny power. So he did just that. Nothing like a 4 MPG Datsun hatch with a Ford V8 installed in the family garage.
Sarcasm is a hobby of mine. I am not sarcastic on serious issues, implied or otherwise.
Post Reply Post Reply
How many rear-ends did he blow before he thought "I shoulda kept the one from the truck!"?

In Uni, I knew a guy with a Triumph TR3 with a small block Chevy engine and 4-speed. He blew out his rear-end pretty regularly.
Post Reply Post Reply

(08-03-2017, 03:02 PM)pholynyk Wrote: How many rear-ends did he blow before he thought "I shoulda kept the one from the truck!"?

In Uni, I knew a guy with a Triumph TR3 with a small block Chevy engine and 4-speed. He blew out his rear-end pretty regularly.

Funny you should mention that. He actually ran it thru stock Datsun rear. The project car died with a piston thru the side of the block. Oopsie!
Sarcasm is a hobby of mine. I am not sarcastic on serious issues, implied or otherwise.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Asked my boss if he is a "Hose Head" Fedman 7 622 04-06-2017, 10:28 AM
Last Post: PollCat
  Windows 10 - Install Heads-Up and a Vent Crimson Nape 11 714 07-24-2016, 02:51 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  Books I am reading on related subjects storywizard 2 560 07-22-2015, 12:33 PM
Last Post: storywizard
  Sorta pap related. Outgassing furniture Mark Douglas 14 1,611 06-03-2015, 11:28 AM
Last Post: AlanE
  CPAP Related Incident in Jail Sparks Lawsuit Airstream 8 4,317 04-23-2014, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Airstream