Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

getting rid of air in my mouth
RE: getting rid of air in my mouth
Sorry, but you're not the customer. I do hope you'll get this resolved for better therapy.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: getting rid of air in my mouth
(10-15-2019, 10:07 AM)howeyb Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 08:54 AM)howeyb Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 07:37 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: That's an interesting comparison.  Would you mind putting the machine in Vauto mode with minimum and maximum EPAP at 9.0 and PS at 3.0?  I'm wondering if the flow limitation detection is turned off with S-mode.

I will see what my sleep tech says in today's appointment. I don't have a prescription from the doctor for a bilevel in my hand yet and when I get it, I have to send it in to my insurance for preapproval (they need a solid reason for bilevel). I see him at the end of the month. Still renting and the situation is a bit tricky. The tech has limited ability to make changes without the doctor's permission and I'm not sure if the doctor is on board. For instance he thinks UARS is mild OA, BUT since seeing my results with a cervical collar (Boom my OAs gone) and I also giving him a related recent journal article, he has actually prescribed a CC for a few patients to try.

Once I OWN the bilevel, I will be free to make any changes and I will. In the meantime, I think I will try to contact ResMed Canada (if that exists) and see what they say about flow limitation in S mode versus Vauto mode.

Thanks,

Betty

ugh called ResMed Canada to ask...escalated once and both people could not answer this detailed technical question (flow limitation data output in S mode versus vauto mode on Aircurve) and said that the clinic would have to call to talk to a more experienced technical person. They would not escalate me to that person since they don't deal with the public on that level.

Betty
Sorry can't try your suggestion at the moment Sleeprider. My tech suggested it would be in my best interest to stay on the current settings until I see the doctor at the end of the month.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 2 103 Yesterday, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Hurdsy
  Dry mouth and throat. VegasGMC 3 109 04-15-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 11 810 04-02-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 7 632 03-29-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 4 199 03-29-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 359 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,250 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.