Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

getting the right mask
getting the right mask
I have been using my cpap machine for three weeks. I have tried the repironics amara (leaked like crazy once the pressure started to go up), quattro fx full face and regular quatro full face mask. I am a side sleeper and haven't found the right mask yet. I end up waking two to three times a night to adjust the mask. I am getting so frustrated. Are there some full face masks that are best for side sleepers?Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: getting the right mask
Some folk said mask liner can help with leaks
Me too never had luck with full face masks
Have tried nasal mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
I am a mouth breather so that is why I have been trying the full face masks
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2012, 05:54 PM)Roxy Wrote: I am a mouth breather so that is why I have been trying the full face masks
Me too thought was mouth breather till tried nasal mask
No reason not breathing thru the nose if there is nothing wrong with the nose
Most of time mouth breathing is a habit more than anything else
Existing habits are NOT hard to change
Post Reply Post Reply
Are nasal masks better than ff masks for side sleepers?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes. Everyone is different, what works for me might not work for you
I,m side sleeper and use Activa Lt nasal mask which is ideal for active and side sleepers as the cushion designed to adjust to movements during sleep. Its quiet and the vents are placed at the center of the mask so it prevent getting blocked by bed covers
[Image: 01-l.jpg]
http://www.resmed.com/us/products/masks-...c=patients

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Roxy, you might try a nasal mask with a chinstrap to see if that will help you, hang in there for some more suggestions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I have found that nasal pillows work better for me as a side sleeper than nasal masks. But then I had other issues with nasal masks so I was glad they never worked.

Finding the right mask is the most difficult thing to this.

Also, you may also be waking up moving it around because it is so new. Give each mask at least a week to see if it works unless it is very very obvious. The only mask I used just one night, and not even the entire night, was a hybrid mask.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
If the problem with the FF masks you tried was leaks around the eyes or bridge of nose, I highly recommend the ResMed Gecko Nasal Pad (which should be renamed something like "leak guard" rather than nasal pad).

I am a mouth breather (because of a deviated septum) and sleep on my side. The FF Resmed Mirage Quattro works well for me, as long as I use a Gecko Nasal Pad.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got my equipment, but the one thing I am not having a problem with is the mask. I breathe thru my mouth most of the time. I am using a resmed mirage liberty mask with nasal pillows. I am a side sleeper and I get a great seal. Had to play around with the nasal pillows size...I find the small ones fit better. And they tell me I have mine machine set for highest pressure at 16.. which I think is a lot
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,532 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,219 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,758 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,428 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,838 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 4,534 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.