Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

getting up in the night
getting up in the night
is there a pause setting on the CPAP for when I get up in the night? the software counts it as a disconnect.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: getting up in the night
To the best of my knowledge, no, not on the MyAir display for ResMed.
I'd write and complain; if enough of us did, they might change it.

That score they provide is an extremely simplistic approach to assessing use.
(I have a good 2 credits in measurement and statistics)

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Worried about a 99% score? LOL
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry to be flippant. Please download #Sleepyhead, and take a look at the data that matters to your health and sense of rest. MyAir is basically a metric of usage / compliance. The information you need to make decisions about your therapy is found in Sleepyhead. Links in my signature point to how to organize, post and understand the data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi snoredog,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wish you good luck with your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
snoredog - welcome to the forum. MyAir is extremely simplistic and I wouldn't be concerned with mask on/off scoring unless it were happening many many times per night. The best solution is contained in sleeprider's post above with the links in his signature block.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
All of the above. I think they put "mask on/off" as a metric to encourage patients to keep the mask on for as long as possible. It's only worth 5 points maximum.

That score will not help you feel better or even help you sleep. If you subscribe to thes forum, you will get much better and useful information.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi snoredog,

if you are new to CPAP therapy, then it's not a bad idea to use both myair and sleepyhead. MyAir will give you the encouragement to keep going and rewards good habits. Sleepyhead will give you the data you need to fine tune your therapy.

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply

I get up at least once a night and turn my machine off. As long as it is plugged in the internal clock is still running. This is shown on Sleepyhead with no data for those few minutes. When I get back in bed I just turn it back on and continue sleeping. The readouts show me what was happening just before and after my break which can be informative.
Welcome to the forum.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 841 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 885 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Great Night into Terrible Night dcsleep 1 1,102 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] AHI varies from night to night KKBW 6 1,336 07-31-2020, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  New to CPAP - First Night Great, Second Night not so much oasised 22 3,208 07-24-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night slingshot383 16 2,242 05-25-2020, 05:35 AM
Last Post: slingshot383
Question One night AHI 0, next night leaks and high AHI. MyronH 7 2,196 09-29-2018, 09:29 AM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.