Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question
Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question
Hi, all,
I know from the reviews here that the Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask has a steady leak at the connection point on the knee at the crown of one's head. I discovered it when I placed my hand above my head and felt a steady stream of wind.

Last night I used the P30i for the first time on my AS11, and the mask was very comfortable, fit very well (this morning ResMed claimed 20/20 mask fit), and most important I had a great night's sleep. 

My report in the morning showed 17L/min leak. 

Whoa! I mean... While I know all masks leak, this metric sounds like a lot to me, but I am new to this world. 

a) Could that be entirely the leak at that connection point?
b) Do/should I care? 

Thanks in advance 
Nick
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question
That is far more than is leaking out of the connection point. Either something is not seated correctly or you are leaking whilst asleep either from your mouth or the mask is moving. All the ResMed *30i masks tend to shift a bit until you get them at the proper headgear tautness. Once you have it dialed in things should improve.

Make sure you have the mask type properly configured in your machine as it uses that information to calculate normal leakage. You can find the pressure-flow curve specifics for each mask in the user guide towards the end.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question
Many thanks for that reply!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lots of Large Leak Lately LazerStallion 0 42 9 hours ago
Last Post: LazerStallion
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 9 1,547 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Resmed F30i Mask ditron1 3 122 Yesterday, 11:33 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 76 6,177 04-20-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 11 17,264 04-20-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: cps22
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 140 35,980 04-20-2024, 09:02 AM
Last Post: backdoc
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 373 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.