Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

gettingbetter - Therapy Thread
RE: gettingbetter - Therapy Thread
I switched back to the Resmed N20 mask and woke up today with lots of condensation in the cpap tube and nasal mask.

Settings from last night:

Humidity level 5
Climateline hose temperature 75 degrees
room temperature 67 degrees

What settings would you make to prevent the "rainout"?  Thanks in advance for suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a very narrow nose bridge.  The full face masks I've tried leak at the top and the air goes into my eyes making them dry.  

Does anyone have any tricks for sealing the top of the FFM at the nasal bridge?  I've tried laying on my back and adjusting the mask after it's inflated and still couldn't get a good seal.

Thanks for any input.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried the foam seal masks?
I think they are the Air touch masks, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Gideon.  Yes, the Airtouch F20 is the FFM I've been using.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found the nasal mask Mirage Activa very flexible in its sealing capabilities, but it is not a FFM
Post Reply Post Reply
I found an airline sleep mask keeps the air out of my eyes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you both for these suggestions.  I will check them out.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2021, 01:04 PM)gettingbetter Wrote: I've also wondered if Resmed reports unintentional mask leaks in Oscar, or if it's only intentional leaks.  So much to learn!!

ResMed CPAP machines report unintentional leaks only, which are the ones you can do something about.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2021, 04:21 PM)gettingbetter Wrote: I have a very narrow nose bridge.  The full face masks I've tried leak at the top and the air goes into my eyes making them dry.  

There are full face masks that do not extend to the nose bridge but are instead under the nose and also cover the mouth. Examples are ResMed F30, Amara View, and (just announced) Evora Full. If you prefer the hose at the top of your head instead of near your mouth, there is the F30i and various Dreamwear and other masks (I don't like hose at the top so haven't kept up with what is available in that design).

I use the F30 and will shortly be testing an Amara View that my wife is getting.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,075 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 171 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,361 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,214 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.