Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

going from nasal pillows to nasal mask
RE: going from nasal pillows to nasal mask
(07-12-2012, 03:36 PM)BabyDoc Wrote: I had the same problem with my nasal pillows coming out, until I added a chin strap. The chin strap wraps over the nasal pillow straps keeping them in place. Not only that, but the nasal straps can be kept a bit loose so that the pillows are more comfortable.

Interesting idea. I also added a home-made strap when I was using the Swift FX, but it didn't completely solve the leak problem.

However, I am glad to have read this thread because I had never heard of the True Blue. That sent me off to the supplier list to see what it was all about. And while looking it up I stumbled across the Fisher & Payel Pilairo, a new mask that I have had my eye on for some time. I thought it was available only in Australia, but apparently it is now for sale in the US.

Add the fact that my DME just sent me a message that it has been three months and I am now eligible for a new mask on the insurance. So I'm sorely tempted to try the Pilairo, but I'm still experimenting with the Mirage Vista.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2012, 02:20 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Kitley, I hope the new mask works better for you, good luck and I know you have been on the forum for a while, but, beter late than never but, Welcome! to the forum.!

Thanks for the welcome Trish. I actually got tired...not much sleep last night, so had a nap this afternoon with the nasal mask. It was super comfy, but my AHI was 3.5, and I slept for about 45 minutes. With the nasal pillows, I usually sit at less than 1, and even once had a zero. Hmmmm...will have to try a few more nights. At least I did sleep well with it, and was not aware of leaks...but they were 21.
Post Reply Post Reply
JJJ...the True Blue weighs less then the Activa which is the one I thought I wanted. Ordering on line, I think would be very difficult until I know for sure what will work and what is the right size. So, I tend to take my providers experience and go with it. This aft I had a nap and had 3.5 AHI...very unusual for me. Usually less then 1 with the pillows. Will try for a bit and see how it goes. The one thing I did not realize was all the plastic between my eyes. I do tend to be claustrophobic, but it didn't bother me that way. What did mess me up was trying to read...gotta go without glasses, and hold my ereader up to eye level...ugh!!!! I wake up many times through the night, and if I can't get back to sleep, I read until tired. With this mask...I might just get tired trying to read...lol!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi again kitley, Yeah, I would use the new mask a few times before I gave up on it.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow...another great night. AHI this morning was 0.4 and leaks were 19...the leaks are better now then I had with the pillows, and AHI is about the same as with the pillows. I feel like I am getting younger by the day. Heck with this good of sleep I really didn't need to retire.....but sure am glad I did anyways...lol!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 989 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 24 11,095 04-08-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: cant exhale
  Pressure vs. Airflow Burst for Nasal Opening GoodSleepHunting 0 105 04-04-2024, 02:34 PM
Last Post: GoodSleepHunting
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 162 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,231 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,366 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 199 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.