Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

going to need advice.
going to need advice.
Hi guys. Looking forward to learning and sharing.
I've been reading and have bought a s9 auto, to replace my resmart and ordered a CMF50F O2. Now I need to get some data and make 4 posts to be able to post the image.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: going to need advice.
G'day ajack. Welcome to Apnea Board.

Look forward to seeing your posts.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, a jack. Welcome to the forum.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you guys, Just reading the forum for a week has taught me a lot. It really is a learning curve. I'm going to work with a local provider to get the right mask for me. I know I will pay more $300, but I will get to test the range. It may be the best thing in the long term, than getting one off the net for $200. I'm beginning to think that the mask is 80% and the glorified hairdryer is 20%. Tonight is my first night with the S9. The resmart auto was 95% 10-11 and Apnea index ranges from 1 to 10.
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome! The mask is a huge component, although I wouldn't discount some of the comfort features, they can be quite helpful too! I see you are wearing a FFM. If you can tolerate it, and aren't a mouth-breather I would definitely suggest the p10s. They are super lightweight and feel like you're not wearing anything! Good luck on the mask search.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome ajack. I've been on a S9 Auto since 2012 with no problem. Had a little struggle with mask choices at the beginning and finally settled on a Simplus full face mask. With your apparent enthusiasm, you will do fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea Board ajack...... did you marry ajill by any chance?  Dielaughing  Laugh-a-lot Dielaughing

(sorry, it seemed such an obvious tag line)  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ajack,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You have a good attitude toward this therapy and that helps so much. The mask is the most challenging part of this whole thing, so don’t be shy about asking to try different ones ‘till you find what works for you.
Good luck to you on your CPAP journey.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
my apap from last night was uninteresting, It looks like The numbers I set is doing the job. 

My father had a sleep study and is also getting a machine, I put him on with my numbers to have a look, his result is much more interesting.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
ajack, this looks like failing to quit while you're ahead. You did great from 22:00 until 08:45, which is over 10 hours of sleep. Going back to bet at 09:30 until 01:00 looks like a ton of events, and probably because you didn't need more sleep. What's that about?

Oh, I see, this is your dad using your machine. Well dad has some serious leak issues. could you reformat the chart to show Events, Flow, Pressure, Flow Limitations and Snores. Initial guess is your dad needs a minimum pressure of 10-11 to knock out the OA, and may need EPR off or set to 1 for the centrals. I would try pressure at 10-16 with EPR at 1 for him.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 168 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 256 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 853 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,784 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 77 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 786 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.