Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

good night sleep but woke up exhausted
good night sleep but woke up exhausted
on my 4th night of cpap.  been sleeping 6 to 8 hours a night.  no mask leaks and mask adjusted fine to remove slight sore spot right below nose; very low ahi; humidity fine; got rid of ramp.

issue????  last night slept through for 61/2 hours.   now 3 hours later i am feeling totally exhausted and plan on lying down.  any thoughts as to what might be going on?

my air score was 93.  don't have sleepyhead yet

thanks for help
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: good night sleep but woke up exhausted
Therapy sometimes takes a little while for some people to start seeing the benefits, some refer to it as prior sleep deprivation.  Like filling an empty bottle, takes a little time.  Myair is a very general evaluation, get Sleepyhead going to really see how you are doing.  I am sure you will soon start realizing that you are feeling better, hang in there and keep asking question and post your sleepyhead data soon!!
Post Reply Post Reply
In my opinion, myair is focused on encouraging compliance, but not much of a tool for taking control of your therapy. It is hard to say why one feels tired, but at only three days in, you will have many days of feeling tired, as you have quite a large sleep deficit to overcome. Also, in my mind, in addition to the AHI, RERA also has a role to play, if you are being aroused too frequently from deep and REM sleep by either RERA or other factors then your sleep will not be restorative.

6.5 hours of sleep may not be enough for you either, I know in my case I tend to run about 7 to 8 hours to feel rested the next day, and research reports if I recall that from 6 to 9 hours is required for most people, but it is very individual.

All that blathering aside, take a nap if needed, and give things some time to settle in, realize that your best results will likely take months, not days or weeks.

Good Sleep to ya.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have nights like this once a week. there are events called RERA's your machine does record them, but they're not included in the AHI score. Get SleepyHead, do it today, there is a link right at the top of the page.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 110 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 113 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 142 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 186 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 772 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  Woke up feeling air starved, turned machine off fell back to sleep but with mask on Phil487 7 846 01-20-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Phil487
Surprised 20 minutes recorded for full night's sleep Deborah K. 10 586 01-06-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.