Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

got my 1st bill today
RE: got my 1st bill today
(05-02-2015, 11:21 AM)AlanE Wrote: I just got 6 invoices in the mail. My insurance won't cover 100% of the cost for anything. Looks like I'll be nickle and dimed until I die. At least the machine will be mine after 14 more payments. It is still cheaper than if I bought a mask or parts but really... $5.48 for a filter, insurance paid $4.38 and stuck me with $1.10. This is after I paid my full deductible earlier this year for the the sleep study. Rolleyes

The health insurance I had in 2014 only paid 50% of the Aetna negotiated rate for durable medical equipment. Unless you have animals where pet goo gets sucked up into the filter or you live in the dust bowl, you really only need to change the filter occasionally. Monthly is a DME scam.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2015, 11:21 AM)AlanE Wrote: I just got 6 invoices in the mail. My insurance won't cover 100% of the cost for anything. Looks like I'll be nickle and dimed until I die. At least the machine will be mine after 14 more payments. It is still cheaper than if I bought a mask or parts but really... $5.48 for a filter, insurance paid $4.38 and stuck me with $1.10. This is after I paid my full deductible earlier this year for the the sleep study. Rolleyes

$1.10 is 20% of $5.48
Sounds like Medicare Part B. You should have a Medigap policy to cover that 20% Also, $5.48 is a rip-off for a single filter.

You might actually be able to do better buying filters on Amazon.
I stopped accepting filters from my DME because they were inferior no-name filters. oldman
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
So an AirSense 10 AutoSet.

Note there really is no such thing as an A10.

There are:

AirSense 10's (4 models)
AirCurve 10's (4 models)

And there is even a line called AirStart 10's (2 models)

Previous models were S9 and before that S8
[size=x-small]Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) BiLevel Auto
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-11-2015, 07:57 AM)GeoffD Wrote: The health insurance I had in 2014 only paid 50% of the Aetna negotiated rate for durable medical equipment. Unless you have animals where pet goo gets sucked up into the filter or you live in the dust bowl, you really only need to change the filter occasionally. Monthly is a DME scam.

I changed my filter for the first time yesterday. It was dirty. Two cats and a furball for a dog. It was noticeably darker than the replacement.

[Image: IMG-20141011-00032.jpg]
Pre-shaved pic. Smile

One of my cats is my avatar. The other one is the female version. (Bengal)
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
you could knit a coat with the fur off that beasty Big Grin
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Can probably do mittens with the fur we pickup in the vacuum each week.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 16 790 02-08-2024, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  REBATE on your Electricity bill [Australia] libster 0 167 02-05-2024, 07:27 PM
Last Post: libster
  Getting New Aircurve 10 Bilevel today slam7241 13 1,168 09-11-2022, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My silly question for today. David Clark 9 944 03-30-2022, 11:30 AM
Last Post: RayBee
  Got a Luna cpap today and don’t know why ? Makai1959 10 4,106 12-03-2021, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Just got a new machine today, Airsense 11 ! jellojeep 2 952 10-09-2021, 09:00 PM
Last Post: jellojeep
  Medical baseline: saving a dollar a day on electricity bill thanks to CPAP NelsonM 3 1,103 09-07-2021, 08:29 AM
Last Post: BionicBreather

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.