Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

got my 1st bill today
got my 1st bill today
got my 1st bill for $162.00 witch is funny because the invoice I took home when I got my machine was $102.00 kinda wondering where the extra $60 came from. it's to bad because AJ at the local office is great with helping out but I'm not going to be on the screw me list. I sent a email asking why but I know it going to be some kinda ya ya ya BS reply. looks like I need to find a new DME that takes Medicare.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: got my 1st bill today
Con artists always make you like them. Don't pay it, don't give them a second thought. This bs industry is so full of thieves and liars you have to look out for number one.
Post Reply Post Reply
I paid the 102.00 but I'm sure I'm going to have to pay the rest I sti;; need to deal with them for the next 11 1/2 months to pay off the machine
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have Medicare, why are you having to pay for the machine? How much did Medicare pay?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, agree with PollCat...Why are you paying if you have Medicare?
The only thing you may have to pay is a yearly deductable.
Medicare should pay your DME a monthly rental fee for a set amount of months, usually 13, then the machine is signed over to you.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
$102 x 12 months = white slavery
Post Reply Post Reply
It's Part B. So, are you still in your deductible period? Also, if you have traditional Medicare, do you have a Medigap policy? Medicare only pays 80% of Part B costs. Either you or a Medigap policy pays the 20%.

Also, are you sure this DME is a Medicare competitive bid winner. Medicare dropped a number of DMEs when they implemented the competitive bid program.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got 6 invoices in the mail. My insurance won't cover 100% of the cost for anything. Looks like I'll be nickle and dimed until I die. At least the machine will be mine after 14 more payments. It is still cheaper than if I bought a mask or parts but really... $5.48 for a filter, insurance paid $4.38 and stuck me with $1.10. This is after I paid my full deductible earlier this year for the the sleep study. Rolleyes
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2015, 08:20 AM)PollCat Wrote: If you have Medicare, why are you having to pay for the machine? How much did Medicare pay?

You don't get it free just because you have Medicare. The machine itself is a rental for 13 months. From what I have found, it's about $14 a month except in January where it will be higher depending on your deductible. The rest of the supplies, including the humidifier (yes, that is extra!) are only covered 80%. Depending on what supplemental policy you have, they may not cover cpap at all over what Medicare pays. My bro has a Cadillac plan, so it covers it. Mine is iffy.

I would pay the amount of the invoice that you ORIGINALLY received and ask them to send you a new invoice for the additional amount indicating specifically what it is for as you did not purchase anything beyond what was in the original invoice and you will not PAY for it without it.

The extra charge may very well be legitimate, the company could be trying to screw you, Medicare may not have paid on something or someone in the back office is embezzling. Straighten it out first before switching to another supplier. The grass always looks greener, but the weeds may be hidden.

My area is a Competitive Bid area, which really limits what suppliers you can go to. It's really annoying because my bro had to leave a supplier who was quite good and 5 miles away to a supplier who doesn't have the best reputation and is a 40 minute drive away. You'd think Medicare would realize that many of the folks needing these things might be disabled, wouldn't you? Apparently, not even considered. The previous supplier would actually come to the house for homebound clients. Not a chance any longer.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2015, 04:55 AM)k_ogre Wrote: got my 1st bill for $162.00 witch is funny because the invoice I took home when I got my machine was $102.00 kinda wondering where the extra $60 came from. it's to bad because AJ at the local office is great with helping out but I'm not going to be on the screw me list. I sent a email asking why but I know it going to be some kinda ya ya ya BS reply. looks like I need to find a new DME that takes Medicare.

Call your State SHIP Hotline for assistance. That amount seems about correct for the monthly billing to Medicare of which you or your Medigap insurance is responsible for 20% after Medicare pays its approved amount. You may also go to https://www.mymedicare.gov/ and create you own account to see all billings and payments by Medicare on your behalf.
Washington SHIP Website:
http://www.insurance.wa.gov/about-oic/wh...ers/shiba/
Phone: 800-562-6900
Program Name: Statewide Health Insurance Benefits Advisors (SHIBA)
About: We understand health care coverage and provide free, unbiased health care coverage counseling to people of ALL ages. We can help you understand your health care coverage options and rights, find affordable health care coverage and evaluate and compare health insurance plans. Our volunteers are part of the Statewide Health Insurance Benefits Advisors (SHIBA) HelpLine.
For free Medicare assistance for your state check out this page. http://www.seniorsresourceguide.com/dire...onal/SHIP/
or here http://www.medicareinteractive.org/
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 16 817 02-08-2024, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  REBATE on your Electricity bill [Australia] libster 0 174 02-05-2024, 07:27 PM
Last Post: libster
  Getting New Aircurve 10 Bilevel today slam7241 13 1,174 09-11-2022, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My silly question for today. David Clark 9 966 03-30-2022, 11:30 AM
Last Post: RayBee
  Got a Luna cpap today and don’t know why ? Makai1959 10 4,109 12-03-2021, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Just got a new machine today, Airsense 11 ! jellojeep 2 953 10-09-2021, 09:00 PM
Last Post: jellojeep
  Medical baseline: saving a dollar a day on electricity bill thanks to CPAP NelsonM 3 1,115 09-07-2021, 08:29 AM
Last Post: BionicBreather

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.