Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

graeme
graeme
I have made some observations that I should share with all forum members:
I have taken my SD card, locked it and then placed it in my reader.
I have the downloaded all readings for the past 675 days into Sleepyhead and Encore Basic.
Both Sleepyhead and EncoreBasic function and report as I would expect!

Meanwhile, whilst doing this, I have placed another unlocked freshly formatted SD card into my CPAP machine.
The CPAP machine gave the notice of activity.

I have then safely ejected the first SD card, unlocked it and placed it in the CPAP machine.
I have taken the second SD card, locked it and then placed it in my reader.
I have the downloaded all readings into Encore Basic.

Now here is the interesting observation.
ONLY 154 DAYS DATA is reported, not the 675 days expected! I have tried this three times with the same result!
EncoreBasic functions and reports as I would expect, prompting a question. Does my machine have the capacity to only store 154 days of data, and merely adds each new day to the end of the "queue".
Has anybody else observed this?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: graeme
Nothing beyond about 60 days into the past is probably really relevant anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a limit in the machine memory. The Respironics machines seem to retain more data than others, and newer machines more than older ones. You don't get detailed data unless the card was in the machine when the night's data was recorded. I assume you have compliance and basic information.

I agree with TyroneShoes. What's the difference?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know the case for the PR machines, but Resmeds only keep a limited amount of data on board, and the detailed flow data is written directly to the card and not stored on the machine at all. On the S9 (don't know about the new A10) the detailed data on the card is over-written after seven days, which is just crazy!

So it may be that your machine has exceeded its on-board memory, but I'd be very surprised if at least the compliance data isn't kept forever.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.