Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

belly boy needs yap mask
RE: belly boy needs yap mask
Welcome Acroflyer. I too have allergies that affect my nasal passages, and I am a belly sleeper. My pressure is set at 7. I firsed tried the nasal pillows, which worked great, except for some reason they turned hard on week three. My provider checked with the company, but could offer no solution. So...I switched to a True Blue Nasal Mask, and it works great for me. I do find that I have to sleep on the edge of the pillow, and also I hang my hose over the headboard. In general my allergies are greatly improved. The odd time I can hardly breath, but keep at it, and it clears. When I switched from pillows to nasal, it took a few days for things to kick in again and give me the same low AHI readings. Best of luck...sounds like you are on the right track.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2012, 07:09 PM)kitley Wrote: Welcome Acroflyer. I too have allergies that affect my nasal passages, and I am a belly sleeper. My pressure is set at 7. I firsed tried the nasal pillows, which worked great, except for some reason they turned hard on week three. My provider checked with the company, but could offer no solution. So...I switched to a True Blue Nasal Mask, and it works great for me. I do find that I have to sleep on the edge of the pillow, and also I hang my hose over the headboard. In general my allergies are greatly improved. The odd time I can hardly breath, but keep at it, and it clears. When I switched from pillows to nasal, it took a few days for things to kick in again and give me the same low AHI readings. Best of luck...sounds like you are on the right track.

Thanks Kitley for the welcome, confidence in my being on the right track and revealing your experience with nasal pillows. I hope it wasn't a swift fx that went hard on you. That's what I'm using. I'm beginning my third week. Sleep is getting better and better. Mask comfot is steadily improving.

I'm curious about nasal masks versus nasal pillows. Not what's better or worse but how are they different for feel, wearability, leak supression, maintenence and son on. I ask because you used both. Your impressions and experiences would be most helpful as I may decide to try a nasal mask if I decide that having something in my nostrils is too uncomfortable.

Cheers,
Acroflyer

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2012, 06:50 PM)Acroflyer Wrote: I'm wanting either a FFM or mouth mask because I have pollen allergies and I'm more suseptable than average to nasal blockage. Thus, I expect to use the Swift FX most of the time and the other when needed. I'm researching hybrids and feel like a babe in the woods because I don't know how to choose one based on what I see and how it's described by the manufacturer and users.

Well, we all have that same problem. There are so many to choose from and there really is no way to decide without actually trying them. There are some good reviews from previous users, but each user will have a different experience so what works for one won't for another.

One thing to think about is hose-routing. Mine goes over my headboard so I always keep that in mind when choosing a mask.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:One thing to think about is hose-routing. Mine goes over my headboard so I always keep that in mind when choosing a mask.

Good thought Sleepster. I'm messing with hose placement when I go to bed or wake up to turn over. I have a headboard so I'm looking at a hose attachment for headboards. I'm also refining my search for masks with top as opposed to side or bottom hose attachments.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-05-2012, 06:37 PM)Acroflyer Wrote: Good thought Sleepster. I'm messing with hose placement when I go to bed or wake up to turn over. I have a headboard so I'm looking at a hose attachment for headboards. I'm also refining my search for masks with top as opposed to side or bottom hose attachments.

I use a thumb tack and a strip of velcro! Okay
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a coat hook.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your hose routing solutions Paula and Sleepster. I opted for the hose buddy. Little to lose and a lot to gain as I can get a full refund from the manufacturer if I don't like it. The vast majority of user reviews give it an excellent rating.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,209 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,753 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,423 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,832 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 4,529 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.