Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

grizwilson - Therapy Thread
RE: first try with OSCAR?
Excellent, glad things are improving. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Posted in a Inspire thread also:
After much thought, reading here, FB and Reddit, Think I am going to continue to work with cpap. Think I am canceling my appointment with ENT Doc and just try to get better and avoid Inspire surgery. Thanks so much for all of the support, especially Sleeprider and Ratchick. This forum is a great resource. Thank You everyone.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your results are killing it. I don't know what I would ask you to do differently when AHI is this low, and pressure remains steady. Your respiratory stats look very good as well. Flow limit stats look good, but would like to see that chart included.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
    tried to get flow limit from last night let me know if we need a close up of short period seems leaks are an issue during the night regardless of which mask I use...??
Post Reply Post Reply
Leak Issues
            Been Getting input from SleepRider and Ratchick, hopeful they will help again or someone else.  My AHI looks pretty good, having some leak/snoring issues, wonder if what shows up as leak is actually snore causing appearance of leak.  These late night football games are affecting my schedule also.
Attached are the last few nights still getting tired in afternoons. Thanks in advance
g
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Leak Issues
Snore isn't likely to cause a leak, AFAIK. It's far more likely that you're either knocking your mask when you move in the night, it leaks in certain positions or that potentially it's not been fitted while you're at the full possible therapy pressure, and so it's leaking as the pressure increases. Alternatively, if you're using Pillows, you might benefit from moving a size up or down if that fits better.
Post Reply Post Reply
No snore issues, that was 0. This is a mask leak, air being blown past it. That's the spikey leak rate that tells about it.

OK, you need to go from basics to difficult on the mask. How old is the cushion? Is it clean? Is it the right size? Did you try larger cushions? Are your straps adjusted correctly? Did the mask get deflected by arms, pillow, etc. while you sleep, tossing around maybe?

If there's pain and discomfort, the answer to the strap adjustment is no. Too tight ain't right on the straps. Too tight distorts the cushion making leaks worse not better.

What other masks have you tried? Have you tried other types, pillows, nasal, full face, hybrid? My best mask brand now is Fisher and Paykel. They do not need to be tight to work well.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you read the mask primer? It contains the suggestions Dave made and more. There's a link in Dave's signature and below in mine.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
        Thanks for the input, I have been using cpap since 2004 so this is not my first rodeo.  I have used and tried several masks, currently jumping back and forth between ResMed Dreamwear andResMed Mirage Swift II Nasal Pillow, seem to have better AHI with the Dreamwear. Thinking of trying a full mask, I understand what the chart says about snore BUT last night I tried a chin strap, and my leak rate was about half of before?? same Mask, filter, hose, straps in near new condition. I have tried the collar, my AHI went up???  screen shots attached.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe the collar and/or the chin strap were interfering with the mask. Or mask fit, or the mask itself isn't the best combo. If myself, I'd want to improve leak rates.

Both charts had fairly high 95% leak rates, yes the lower value was 16.8 or less for 95% of the time but that's closing in on the 24 redline. The higher leak chart, the 95% leak was 31.2 or less, so it had surpassed the leak redline for some portion of the session.

As for an increase in AHI between these 2 charts, it changed 0.19 AHI. This is minimal, but the increase might be due to lower 95% leak rates. I'm not too concerned over the real high but very short duration blips that count towards the 99.5% leak.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,067 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 160 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,355 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 959 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,208 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.