Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

grizwilson - Therapy Thread
RE: grizwilson - Therapy Thread
Sleeping better, trying to fine tune things, when reviewing my info since November it appears my AHI was better before I started Oscar and tweaking things at the end of the year, still at 11-20 pressure, maybe I am missing something?  The day gaps were when I was traveling using my S9 insteand of the airsense

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It's not unusual for members using Oscar to respond to events and short-term issues, rather than to consider trends. The result is "dial winging" and predictably poorer results. As you slow the pace of reacting to events, and develop a long-term view of your therapy, it will get better. The period where you lowered minimum pressure clearly resulted in increases in obstructive events. FWIW, the last time I downloaded data to Oscar was December 31.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider, not sure what that means the last time you loaded OSCAR was 12/31, But your observations, appear on spot, I lowered my lower limit per the Doctor, which obviously did not work well.  I kind of panicked, with your and others guidance hopefully am back on track.  Going to lower my top limit hopefully reducing the limits will help with leaks...will work on getting the Fisher/Paykal masks that Sarcastic Dave has luck with.  Thanks to everyone
Post Reply Post Reply
            Well Since my last post have quit making daily knee jerk adjustments have been on 10.6 since 2/21/22 seems to be working pretty good, lower leaks and AHI.  May try to tweak a bit more but before I start thought I would run by you all, as your help has been wonderful
g
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey, my Oscar is up-to-date through February 14, so at least I'm consistent. Wink In your summary statistics, I'm seeing fewer events and less fragmented sessions. There are a few days missing, but you're consistently under 1-AHI which is great. Hopefully you are also feeling better. If you plan to start tweaking again, post a detail chart and explain the plan.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider, the missing days were when I was traveling using my S9, similar results.  The leaks seem better with the steady pressure, I am feeling better. Considering lowering my pressure, .2 at a time.....?  Waiting on my Doc and equipment provider to get together to try the Fisher/Pakal masks that Sarcastic Dave suggests....She still wants me to see ENT and get the "options"  in other words Inspire sales pitch? If I can get the leaks fixed would me more interested in one of the small travel machines rather than a year of surgery/healing/adjusting/tweaking/scaring   Thanks for everyone's help
Post Reply Post Reply
Went to the DME today.... stay calm.... sent me home with a SUNSET Ruby Regular chinstrap, thinks my  leaks are mouth breathing, I wear a size 7 3/4 hat, this chin strap would not make a benne. Gave me a phillips responics dream whisp, shame I can not get a WWII gasmask helment and hook machine to.... no fitting just stuff in bag. IF I were not experienced would pitch the whole mess, as many do and quit.  I will continue trying, I told him I had tinkered with pressures, he told me not to tell him that..... I am like I own the machine, some guy watched me sleep one night in 2004 I was woke and a machine put on, never went back to sleep....and THEy know my proper pressure???? No wonder people give up.  Thanks for the vent.  Thanks for the helps.
g
Post Reply Post Reply
Update, the DME provided me with a correct side chin strap, more good news while waiting I went ahead and tried the new Phillips DreamWisp mask alone without the suggested chinstrap, I figured I would end up returning for the Fisher Paykel Vitera that Sarcastic Dave had suggested.  To my surprise after 4 nights, no large leaks, highest AHI 0.45, others under .20 so no need to try chinstrap??? I am wondering if I should step down pressure to see how low I can go???  Thoughts? THANKS to Sarcastic Dave for insistence on paying attention to mask.  While I am not fully comfortable with the new mask, it appears to work so I have to adjust to it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 25 978 29 minutes ago
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 841 10 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,272 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,367 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.