Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

grizwilson - Therapy Thread
RE: grizwilson - Therapy Thread
I don't know if you're an Inspire candidate or not. You are substituting an electric shock to your hypoglossal nerve instead of air pressure through a mask and tube. Both can be disruptive. Your AHI on CPAP is excellent. You may get very good results on Inspire as well, but neither is going to resolve the underlying cause (pain) of your arousals.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
@Sleeprider, not sure about Inspire, my pulmonologist thinks I am.  Have not had good experience with ENTs in the past.  Figure this one will want to start with left side sinus surgery (right one was a success) then remove my tonsils then maybe Inspire.  I am simply not up to spending a year or more for treatments etc. 

New issue last night, my wife woke me, mask not leaking but the CPAP was laboring, turned off then back on seems fine?????  

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Please include flow limitation graph. Any idea what time your wife noticed the machine laboring?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
She thought it was 3-4, dang wish I could sleep like her.  Hopefully I got what you requested, Thank you so much.

Post Reply Post Reply
Just after 05:00 the flow limits and leaks dramatically decrease. That looks like an intervention to me.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I am sorry but I do not understand what that means? Is there a possible issue with my machine ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Machine is fine. If you look at your chart, at 05:00 the flow limits are very high. That means there is inspiratory restriction that flattens the maximum flow rate. That is probably chin-tucking. At about 05:12, that flow restriction suddenly disappears, and that is probably when your wife stuck her elbow in your ribs because your machine was getting noisy. Leaks at that time are tracking a similar reduction.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again Sleeprider.
Now I am more confused, went down to a pressure of flat 9 as you suggested (been stepping down gradual) First, the time is an hour late, I went to bed at 2130 got up at 0500 not sure how to correct.  The charts shows my only AHI at 0445 (actually 0345) which is not correct as I was awake, and remained in that state until I got up.  The AHI is encouraging (if accurate) considering going down another step in pressure??  Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
Concerning your time being off by an hour; Your CPAP's time is still set to DST.  OSCAR still records the actual time you slept, regardless of the correct hour.   You have 2 options here. One, is to leave your time set as it is, and it will be correct beginning on March 13th (DST for 2022).   The second option is, wait to at least 1:01PM or later, and then set your time back 1-hour.  I would choose 2:00PM to allow for the change of the day (noon), plus the one hour to go back, and one hour for a fudge factor.  To set the time, you will need to enter the clinician's menu and scroll down to near the bottom.

Since others are providing help with your therapy, I will not comment on it. I subscribe to the "too many cooks in the kitchen" theory.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
You can turn off the AHI graph. That is a rolling hourly average of the events per hour. Your AHI would appear above the statistics, and based on 1-event in 7.5 hours is about 0.13. That's excellent. Sorry you were awake at the second half of the night. I get that sometimes, and it really messes up a morning. Leaks remain an issue, but your AHI during sleep is perfect. I realize that is small consolation for poor sleep. We need to get some feedback on your comfort with these fixed pressures, as compared to variable. The AHI is perfect, so should not be part of your consideration.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,072 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 168 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,360 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,211 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.