Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

guswoe - How or should you adjust CPAP Pressure?
guswoe - How or should you adjust CPAP Pressure?
How, or should, you adjust the pressure for CPAP machine?

Guswoe
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: guswoe
Follow directions in the files section.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
There are generally three different attitudes about changing xPAP pressures on this board.

1. DON'T, Only your doctor can change your set point. This is medical treatment and only professionals can change it.

2. DO, but only in concert and consultation with your doctor. Work with your doctor and only make changes once you both agree they are prudent.

3. DO, but slowly, intelligently, and as part of a controlled evaluation. Maybe tell your doctor later. Your xPAP therapy is totally up to you.

We don't know your history, what problems may be making you even think of changing your set pressure, how long you've been at that setting, etc. If you want better advice, let us know.

By the way, I favor option #2.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not saying either way, but if you do choose to change your own pressure, please read this:

http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...re-on-cpap

Also, Welcome Guswoe

PS.. I also updated your thread title to better reflect the question(s) you're asking.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
uswoe... you got the answer to the first question....(how?).
Give us some of your sleep history and perhaps we can help with the second question.. (should?)

Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: guswoe - How or should you adjust CPAP Pressure?
(05-01-2012, 12:01 PM)guswoe Wrote: How, or should, you adjust the pressure for CPAP machine?

Adjusting the pressure is not something that should be done unless you're having a problem of some kind with your therapy. Can you tell us why you are interested in changing it?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: guswoe - How or should you adjust CPAP Pressure?
I agree the reason you are considering changing pressure is very important. I have complicated sleep apnea and changed my pressure (over years) up, down, every auto range possible and was never able to decrease my AHI. So some problems are not so easily treated with a pressure change. I needed an ASV machine. Sometimes it's perfectly reasonable to change the pressure in small increments with at least a week between changes to let your body adjust. Good luck. Please let us know what is going on that you are considering a change and we can better advise you. I don't recognize the machine you are using- the ResMed LR76410- and don't know if it's a CPAP, BiLevel, or AUTO. So as for can you- sure, should you- maybe.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] What Cpap pressure should I use? uarspatient2023 1 236 03-02-2024, 12:56 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Pressure] Help interpreting low AHI after reducing CPAP pressure? grrrrr 2 277 02-21-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: grrrrr
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 447 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Dizziness and ear pressure/fullness after using cpap dizzy1 0 181 02-10-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: dizzy1
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Please help me adjust settings from OSCAR to CPAP deirdrepen 2 290 01-14-2024, 11:18 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  [CPAP] Questions about CPAP pressure algorithms about apnea charlie4691 5 580 12-27-2023, 11:43 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.