Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

mask exhaust stream
mask exhaust stream
I am a relatively new CPAP user, and have the following diffficulty. My nasal mask vents its excess air straight out from my face. When I turn on my side to sleep, the vented exhaust air blows on my wife and wakes her up, which displeases both of us. Any ideas? Are there masks which vent in a different direction? Thanks for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: mask exhaust stream
Hi captain6, welcome to forum
What mask r u using? I'm side sleeper and use Activa LT nasal mask, its quiet hardly hear the the air vents holes but if the mask leak from the sides it would disturb my sleep. You can try sleep the opposite side of the missis Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2012, 03:37 PM)zonk Wrote: Hi captain6, welcome to forum
What mask r u using? I'm side sleeper and use Activa LT nasal mask,

I was going to make the same suggestion - the Activa LT vents at a 90 degree angle from the direction you're facing. Even when I'm facing her, my wife doesn't notice a thing, unless my face is within about a foot of her.

Post Reply Post Reply
Assuming my wife slept in the same room I do, she'd never notice the vented air as she has a fan blowing on her all night long. Dielaughing
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just have learned to only sleep on my left side or back to avoid the exhaust hitting my partner.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,210 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,757 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Intense air exhaust Trojax 18 1,607 03-14-2022, 07:16 PM
Last Post: Trojax
  [Equipment] Resmed S9 + Airfit P10: Issues with noise from exhaust vents perfstud07 0 654 07-07-2021, 09:47 PM
Last Post: perfstud07
  Dreamwear Gel Pillow - exhaust slot noise BoyrauchS 20 8,838 09-16-2020, 07:03 AM
Last Post: brianc18t
  Blocking mask exhaust: A way to decrease centrals? drmaestro 4 1,304 06-03-2020, 09:11 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.