Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

guyavraham30 - Therapy Thread
guyavraham30 - Therapy Thread
Been using Prisma Smart for a few weeks now, after diagnosed with 26 ahi per hour. 

For the last 10 days I feel like death when I wake up, a feeling that sticks for the entire day. 

Thing is the stats (sleepyhead) show I have zero ahi's and no leakage, and also, according to the stats, I have a fair amount of deep sleep.

2 options :
1. The stats are not being recorded correctly
2. I don't really suffer from OSA 

I sleep poorly for years now and always thought it all has to do with mental state and anxieties. 
Only after my new gf complained I was snoring loudly I agreed to go to a sleep lab. 

I don't even know what to do now. I'm helpless

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Zero ahi but very poor sleep
To start with we need to see the OSCAR charts, the ones that are in my signature at the bottom of the post.

On your post it shows 14 days without Cpap use and that was 4 hours. You are not using the Cpap enough to get treatment.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
My device doesn't work with OSCAR, only with sleepyhead. Why does it matter?
Regarding the 4 hours, it's an average of my total days with the device.

The last week I slept a few times 6-7 hours a night with the same stats. 

It's a shame you're not addressing any of my statements. 

Silver line - No AHI but very poor sleep.
Possible causes?
Post Reply Post Reply
Without seeing the charts from OSCAR I would just be guessing. You can walk up to anyone one on the street and they can say why they think you are not sleeping well.

To much caffeine
Not keeping a set sleeping time
Room to hot
Room to cold
TV watching right before bed
To much light at night
To much alcohol
The list goes on and on. Looking at the charts we could find out what is going on
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
All right

Is there a way to use OSCAR with Prisma Smart SD card?
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, there's no reason you can't post SleeyHead charts, but the image you posted was from the official Prisma software. If your version of SleepyHead supports your Prisma machine, we should be able to use them to make some suggestions.

If you Prisma software can show charts similar to the Daily OSCAR charts that most people post, posting those would be very helpful. The monthly overview is less helpful.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
One thing is that your usage time seems rather low. They recommend using CPAP for at least 4 hours but you should be using it during your entire sleeping time to receive maximum benefit. Are you using it less because they said to only use it for at least 4 hours or because it is waking you up after a certain amount of time? Also, the units of measurement are different than the US but I looked up that 1hpa is roughly 1cm h20. 5cm h20 is too low usually to treat mild/severe sleep apnea, and to get an AHI of 0 no less. I feel like I'm don't get enough air at that level. There's no way that your events are at 0 if you have this pressure if my conversion is correct given that your AHI was 26 beforehand. Perhaps the machine is underreporting them due to a leaks or some other factor. Try and post the sleepyhead data so others can tweak your pressure for optimal therapy. I'm sure that there will be something irregular in the data as basically no one has an AHI of 0 with straight CPAP
Post Reply Post Reply
I just realized that an issue on ResMed devices is that CPAP mode underreports events/doesn't report them at all in CPAP mode. I read that the prisma smart is an AutoCPAP. Perhaps the same issue is present here. Try using it with that functionality. Do you know how to change the mode of the machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
What do you do after a bad night?
In case you wake up feeling groggy and wants to die because you know you're going to feel like that for the rest of the day...

What are your ways to cope? To not feel as if the entire day is ruined? Especially if you you have plans for that day. 

For me nothing helps. Not coffee, not a shower, not an energy drink, gournisht
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What do you do after a bad night?
I've posted a link here to your prior thread.  

You never responded to the request to post a chart from SleepyHead, as you stated the Prisma works with SH.  

Your two threads on the same subject have been merged.

Post a chart here so someone can take a look and help.  Otherwise, we have no idea what is going on with you.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,072 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 169 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,360 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,213 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.