Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Unusual Breathing Pattern
Unusual Breathing Pattern
I have been on Bipap for 5 years now and am doing very well with an average AHI of 0.66 for the last 12 months . However occasionally I will get this unusual breathing pattern that lasts for about a minute . However last night it lasted for 45 minutes and I am puzzled as to what might be causing that unusual breathing pattern . I am attaching screenshots and hopefully someone out there can enlighten me as to what is causing this unusual pattern .

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Unusual Breathing Pattern
That pattern in normal inspiratoy breathing with expiratory mouth breathing. Other than throwing some breathing stats off because the mouth breathing is bypassing the measurement instruments in your CPAP shouldn't be a problem. That said, and now that you are aware of it I do suggest you work on correcting it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Bonjour . At least now I know what it is .
Post Reply Post Reply
In other words a mouth leak. Look at solutions in the Mask Primer (link in my signature)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 45 1,097 55 minutes ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 148 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 170 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 511 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  Oscar Data. No events flagged but weird flow rate pattern during REM Ynot 53 2,660 02-18-2024, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Ynot
  Nasal Breathing / Septoplasty questions Ptee8899 7 384 02-13-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 221 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.