Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

has anyone tried the new Resmed Airfit P30i?
has anyone tried the new Resmed Airfit P30i?
I was wondering if anyone tried the new Resmed Airfit P30i and what you think about it?  I find the hose on my nasal pillow wrapping around my neck.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: has anyone tried the new Resmed Airfit P30i?
I was wondering too --

It appears that the frame of the ResMed AirFit P30i (pillows) is identical to the frame of the ResMed AirFit N30i (cradle), so does anyone know if you can switch between the two masks by simply changing the cushion? Sort of plug-n-play for CPAP masks.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
I have read else where just the p30 pillows are required
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2019, 12:24 AM)srlevine1 Wrote: I was wondering too --

It appears that the frame of the ResMed AirFit P30i (pillows) is identical to the frame of the ResMed AirFit N30i (cradle), so does anyone know if you can switch between the two masks by simply changing the cushion? Sort of plug-n-play for CPAP masks.

Yes, I have done exactly this.  I was using the N30i and bought only the P30i cushion and simply swapped it in.  About a week in, and I'm still on the fence between the N30i and P30i.  Here are a few things I like and dislike
  • P30i seal is phenomenal.  Put it on, and it just doesn't move during the night.  With the N30i, I'll sometimes wake up and everything has shifted just slightly enough to cause the cushion to not line up properly and I find the airflow restricted.
  • N30i is more comfortable to wear overall, with nothing at all protruding into my nose or really even touching my nostrils.
  • P30i vent design is incredibly quiet.  ResMed knocked that part of the design out of the park in my opinion.
  • Separating the P30i cushion from the mask frame for cleaning was more challenging for me than the N30i due to the inherent flexibility of the P30i cushion.  Not a concern for me, but it might be more of a concern for those with limited dexterity.

Hope this helps!
Post Reply Post Reply
I've used the P30i, and it is a nice improvement over the P10 and, for me, the N30. It stays where I put it, seals great, and I like the hose on top of the head. Some on the P30/N30 aren't fans of the air flow noise, but for me it isn't loud at all at my pressures of 9/12. Since I'm also experimenting with the Bleep Dreamport system, this will likely be my backup/nap mask for awhile, but may become the one I use if they don't land in suppliers that will accept insurance directly through them.
Post Reply Post Reply
I HAVE!!  In the past 1 months I have tried AirfitF20, AirtouchF20, AirfitF30, P10 nasal pillows and just last week the P30i.  The P30i is my hands down favorite.  Un-obstructed access to any itchy facial part.  Close to no facial marks in the morning.  Super low leakage rates with a resulting lower 95% median pressure through the night. No hugging or fondling of a HOSE through the night.  NO RAINOUT!!  I do wear a cervical collar to keep my big mouth shut and do add 1 1/2" of tape to prevent lip leakage.  To date this is my favorite mask.  It feels like its not even there.  Thank you Resmed.  Oh and by the way the frame and headgear are 100% compatable with the N30 also.
Post Reply Post Reply
Love the P30I. best masked I have used in 10 years.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought the N30i gear and later got the P30i pillows which are compatible. The combination is fantastic and is my favourite mask, pushing the Dreamwear into 2nd place.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I too got the N30i and yes the frame is the same for the P30i and the N30i nose pieces.  Just swap them out accordingly.

Curiosity got the best of me so I have a P30i pillow on order.

It has only been a week with the N30i, my leak rates for me are really good, as are AHI numbers.  With the DreamWear Nasal there were floating from the 2.5 to 3.5 AHI range.  With the N30i I am in the AHI 1.5 to 2.5 range (which are the same numbers I was getting with my F30).  I am not sure why as they are really similar.  The only thing I can conclude is the DreamWear slit for the nostrils versus the AirFit individual hole for the nostrils.  ResMed's approach, for me at least, delivers air better (???) and hence resolves events better/faster.  Well, the reason is in the numbers I guess whatever the reason.  In addition, the N30i does not irritate my nose like the DreamWear nasal did.

I do find though that I have to have the headgear really low, like on the base of my head almost touching the neck.  When I had it higher the headgear had a tendency to creek up and hence the nasal pillow crept up eventually generating leaks.  With it low, it stays in place well.

There are also reviews in the mask review section of this forum.
Post Reply Post Reply
The p30i pillows are identical to the fit and feel of the p10 pillows. I was able to transition to the p30i fairly well as a p10 user.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 46 2,996 3 hours ago
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,558 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,969 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 263 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [CPAP] Massive leakage with new P30i unlockingsleep 2 255 02-25-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.