Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

has anyone tried the new Resmed Airfit P30i?
RE: has anyone tried the new Resmed Airfit P30i?
I looked up this mask online, and it looks so similar to the DreamWear. So I'd like to ask about a couple things...

- Can you hear the sound in the tubes coming down your face?

- How does it do for side-sleeping? Does it budge?

BTW The websites say that it is universal for the N and the P.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2019, 05:10 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: I looked up this mask online, and it looks so similar to the DreamWear.  So I'd like to ask about a couple things...

- Can you hear the sound in the tubes coming down your face?  

- How does it do for side-sleeping?  Does it budge?

BTW The websites say that it is universal for the N and the P.

I find the dreamwear a little louder, but for the most part they are comparable.  I don’t notice the tubing sound as much.  For me, the majority of noise comes from the diffuser/vent and the p30i is far quieter.  

I sleep on my side and have no issues.  It’s a little stiffer and more cumbersome than dreamwear, but that also helps hold it in place better.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok. That's helpful info. Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
How do you compensate for different head sizes with the P30i? And won’t the tube be obstructed when you sleep on your side?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2019, 06:21 AM)AshSF Wrote: How do you compensate for different head sizes with the P30i? And won’t the tube be obstructed when you sleep on your side?

There are two frame sizes for this mask series.  Additionally, the silicone frame of the mask is designed with (for lack of a better term) "pleats" that can expand out to accommodate larger or smaller head sizes.  A single strap around the back of the head completes the fit.

The frame itself conducts air from the tube attachment port on the top of your head down both sides of the frame to the nosepiece.  Either side is able to supply sufficient volume on its own.  In practice, I've found that even when lying on my side with a fairly firm pillow, it's uncommon for me to completely close off one of the side tubes.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2019, 08:23 AM)Hamguy515 Wrote:
(08-03-2019, 06:21 AM)AshSF Wrote: How do you compensate for different head sizes with the P30i? And won’t the tube be obstructed when you sleep on your side?

There are two frame sizes for this mask series.  Additionally, the silicone frame of the mask is designed with (for lack of a better term) "pleats" that can expand out to accommodate larger or smaller head sizes.  A single strap around the back of the head completes the fit.

The frame itself conducts air from the tube attachment port on the top of your head down both sides of the frame to the nosepiece.  Either side is able to supply sufficient volume on its own.  In practice, I've found that even when lying on my side with a fairly firm pillow, it's uncommon for me to completely close off one of the side tubes.

I have to echo the same.  When lying on your side, the impacted side gets restricted but does not completely close.  Maybe if you were sleeping on a brick ...  Thinking-about 

Also as stated the other "top" side then supplies then the majority of the air and is designed to supply the sufficient volume when the other "bottom" side gets restricted.

Finally got my P30i nasal piece.  I was really reluctant.  I tried the DreamWear Gel Nasal Pillow.  At first I thought the gel was super comfortable.  I could only hack it two nights though.  My nose was so sore.  Took a night or two brake and tried the DreamWear Gel Nasal Pillow again.  On the second night I took it off mid-evening.  It just made my nose too sore.  Hence my reluctance for the P30i.

My nose and the P30i get along just fine.  I did not get the "ahhh" this is comfy feeling the DreamWear Gel, but we know that story.  The P30i fit, had to wiggle a bit to seal it and that was it.  The next morning, my nose still liked me Smile I will add the first night my nose was a little sore, but I think more from being dry.  I upped the humidity up a notch the next night and that fixed that.  I have also slept through the whole night with the P30i.  Now, maybe because I am finally getting used to CPAP, but I have not slept through the night in a loonnnggg time. It took me a few months, but the ResMed AirFit P30i is "my mask".
Post Reply Post Reply
So it sounds like I can get P30i cushions for my new N30i and have more or less 2 mask styles with the same frame. That’s going to be a pretty good bang for the buck.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2019, 09:43 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: So it sounds like I can get P30i cushions for my new N30i and have more or less 2 mask styles with the same frame. That’s going to be a pretty good bang for the buck.

Definitely ... just like DreamWear ...

So this begs the question ... will ResMed release a FF30i - for lack of a better name - for "Full Face" that connects to this universal frame system???
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2019, 11:52 AM)theoak Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 09:43 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: So it sounds like I can get P30i cushions for my new N30i and have more or less 2 mask styles with the same frame. That’s going to be a pretty good bang for the buck.

Definitely ... just like DreamWear ...

So this begs the question ... will ResMed release a FF30i - for lack of a better name - for "Full Face" that connects to this universal frame system???

Thanks

IMO ResMed probably won't do that but what do I know. I like the idea of the interchangeable concept.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the p10 and read some of you say it's a easy transition and this mask seems more stable. Anyone sleep on there stomach with this mask? How's that go? How's the noise?(I sleep with a fan on).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 50 3,149 3 minutes ago
Last Post: car54
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,569 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,977 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 265 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [CPAP] Massive leakage with new P30i unlockingsleep 2 258 02-25-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.