Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] How to obtain usage report on ResMed S9
How to obtain usage report on ResMed S9
I have been using, after the Phillips fiasco, a refurbished ResMed S9. The ENT doctor who prescribed my CPAP used to get a report from my old Phillips CPAP. I guess there was a wireless connection to my router. Now she does not. I looked on the back of the S9 and there are two connectors one for a Standard SD card and another small connector which could be for a micro SD. Neither are identified on the case or the user manual.

The ResMed I purchased did not include an SD card, and upon power up tells me SD card is missing. My questions are as follows:

1. Please confirm the use of both these connectors.

2. Once I purchase an SD card with more than 2 Mb do I need to format it?

3. What is the easiest way to provide my doctor with the report she needs?

Thank you for your help!

Parigot
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to obtain usage report on ResMed S9
Hi Parigot in FL! - Welcome

The S9 did not have any Wi-Fi, only an SD card. The A10 was the first in the Resmed line to Wi-Fi capability. Due to chip shortages, the new A10s no longer are offering Wi-Fi.

The S9 can use an SD card up to 32 GB in size. The standard card that it initially came with was a 2 GB card. You'll be hard-pressed to find one that small nowadays.

You can monitor your own progress using OSCAR software. It is freely available for several operating systems. The download link is at the top of every page here on the board.

If you are using a Windows computer, be forewarned that the S9 DOES NOT LIKE the system volume information file that Windows writes to all removable drives by default. This file will cause the S9 to reformat the SD card, thus losing any stored data. We have files available to turn this feature off on Windows. If this interests you, just ask and provide us the Windows version you are using.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Red,

Yes, I am very interested in your suggestion.  I am using a PC running Windows 10 and would appreciate receiving those files.

Thank you for your reply!

Parigot in FL
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are 2 zip file downloads.  The first one is a batch file (".bat") and needs to be run as the Administrator in the PowerShell program, not the command prompt.  Besides containing the options of the second file, It also contains some other options as well.  The second one is two registry modification files (".reg"), one to disable the System Volume Write feature and one to turn back on.  It is the bare-bones version of the first.

SystemModUtility

Bare-Bones Registry Mod

Regardless of either one, it is VERY good practice to create a dedicated backup directory on your computer for your SD card and perform regular card backups.  If you decide to use OSCAR, you can also use this directory to import the CPAP data into it.

Good luck!

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 886 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 169 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 204 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 621 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 174 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  Extreme Anxiety during day after CPAP usage...something physiological? gohoos1998 9 710 12-29-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Leedsunited92
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,448 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.