Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

having trouble with aircurve 10 asv
having trouble with aircurve 10 asv
Hello, I am writing because I think Sleepwalker helped me a couple of years ago with issues I was having at the time.  I changed to the recommended AirCurve 10 asv, which was great for a while.  Then it seemed like something happened to change that, but I'm not sure what.  I was waking up feeling like I was choking or suffocating.  Also, my nose was burning, which I think is related to humidity, but I can't seem to fix that either.  I've tried changing the settings but don't seem to be doing it very well as my AHI has increased.  I really can't use it anymore which is frustrating because I used to have a 100% compliance rate!  I have lost some weight since the last time I was on the forum, maybe 20 lbs, but that is the only thing I can think of that might be the cause.  I have been using OSCAR now but don't know how to interpret it very well at all.  Can you help again?  Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: having trouble with aircurve 10 asv
Post your screen shots of charts so we can see what is going on during the night and hopefully someone can help you
Post Reply Post Reply
Same machine I've got. We're going to need to see some nightly charts via OSCAR or SleepyHead, summary is OK to include as long as detailed daily pages are included. Let's get those first and we can suggest adjustments from there.

Congrats on weight loss; it should be a positive with any CPAP style device patient.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Ok, this is what I have from last night.  I'm not sure which ones are the best, so I did them all!  Let me know what else might help, and thanks for looking!
Post Reply Post Reply
OK this is a start. Do you ever feel air starved? I'm asking because unless there's a specific need to the contrary, I'd bump the EPAP Min from 4 to 6, at least for starters.

Does the mask fit well? I'm seeing leakage that is moderately high. It's not serious yet, but it can hinder therapy results. Do you have other sized cushions to try? Maybe a different sized cushion helps fit and reduces leak rates. See our wiki on mask fit.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
check to make sure the 'UA' flags are turned on in the drop down box, lower left of graphs on daily tab. also, click triangle at upper left of calendar to remove it in order to display more useful info.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!  I will try that tonight and see how it goes!
Post Reply Post Reply
You're welcome and keep us posted.

Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
You are only showing hypopnea and large leaks. Please turn on the remaining events by clicking the events on the lower left of the Daily charts (all should be green). Also, turn off the monthly calendar by clicking the triangle in the date line. This will allow a lot more data to show. Dave suggested increasing the EPAP minimum pressure, and I agree with that, but your pressure support is only set to a maximum of 8.0. That may not be enough to resolve hypopnea and apnea events. The default range for PS is 3.0 to 15.0. Yours is set from 1.0 to 8.0. Is there a reason for these relatively low PS levels?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your reply!  I think I set it how you recommended.  Here are the charts from last night.  I can't make excuses for why the settings are like that, but no, there's no particular reason. 

I woke up around 5 or so from air puffing into my mouth and it was bothering me enough to keep me from falling back asleep.  It looks like the machine recorded something around 4:45, I see some of the chart's levels go up around that time, but I don't know what it means. 

I'm guessing that the EPAP is too high at 6, so I should try 5?  Idk, let me know what you see!
Thanks again!!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 201 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,232 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] Trouble staying asleep with CPAP sarahsleeps 44 1,862 03-12-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: sarahsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.