Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

hdm z1 fw mishap
RE: hdm z1 fw mishap
what is the new firmware supposed ot fix or make better?

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
On there site it says not for use with the auto version and if you do use it, it will reduce the functions. So you were all warned.

Now i would also add that allowing a firmware to be applied to the wrong machine is really bad design. Seems to be a lot of bad design in the Z1. From the noise to the battery drain.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine is not the auto version and I did see the warning. My problem was that it overwrote/down rev'd the factory FW that is actually newer and unavailable online. I then had no means to get the newer revision. Not even tech support could provide and he seemed to get what was going on.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK I see. Yes down grading BIOS is obviously something that can be done. While annoying is required sometimes. However I would think a warning saying you are going backwards should have be built in.

There seems to be a lot that is rushed together about the Z1. Last night I had the battery plugged in and noticed it keeps ticking when not in use. You need to listen carefully but there is a distinct tick which I dare say drains the battery. I have no idea what this ticking is, and can only think it's poor programming that does not shut down the machine fully. I cant believe it does not have a physical switch that powers it off. knowing it's being specifically used for people who travel this is a major oversight and gives an indication as to the level of care and commitment the company seems to be investing in this product.

The excess tube wind noise seems to be due to inadequate venting and I would think a very small and cheap fan. Again if you listen you can hear the fan noise change as you tip the machine, indicating a non balanced and cheaply designed device. Increasing the size of the fan would give more surface area allowing the fan to spin at lower rpm. I would think this would cause less noise as well.
Might even help with the ear popping experience I and others get on this device. I found I need to lower the pressure by at least 2 settings so my ears don't pop consistently each time I yawn or open my mouth. I can only feel for the people who need a higher setting, it must be very annoying. I am lucky as I can get through the night with 4/6 down from 6/9 on my F&P.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP machine mishap cam 19 3,117 07-12-2019, 05:47 PM
Last Post: Ockrocket

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.