Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

heated hose
Question 
heated hose
I have vpap s with hi5 / heated hose also . I under stand that with the heated hose the temp on the machine is self regulating. But mine stays at 80 degrees, opr where ever I set it. thats ok but I run out of water on nights that is lower humidity. I must have my machine set wrong some where? where should I check & what should it be set at so the heated hose works correctly? Dont-know
Thank You
D
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: heated hose
if temp set at 80F (auto mode) the temp displayed on the screen doesn't change but the climate control adjust humidity level of 80% relative humidity and protect against rainout.

manual mode gives more flexibility but without rainout protection

the higher setting and mouth leak can use more water
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2012, 10:53 AM)HILLTOPPER Wrote: I have vpap s with hi5 / heated hose also . I under stand that with the heated hose the temp on the machine is self regulating. But mine stays at 80 degrees, opr where ever I set it. thats ok but I run out of water on nights that is lower humidity. I must have my machine set wrong some where? where should I check & what should it be set at so the heated hose works correctly? Dont-know
Thank You
D

What Zonk said plus, you may need to go to manual mode with a lower humidity setting when the relative humidity is really low in your house.

Your VPAP's higher pressure combined with the larger 22mm ClimateLine hose means you're moving a much larger volume of air AND water molecules through the humidifier than those of us using a regular S9 CPAP with a 15mm ClimateLine hose at a lower pressure, so, you're using more water at the same humidifier setting than a regular S9 CPAP would use even if they're set to an identical temperature and humidity level.

You're going to have to play with the humidity setting to figure-out where it needs to be to last an entire night without running out of water, the hose temperature setting is to keep the hose warm enough so that the cooler ambient air temperature won't cause condensation inside the hose aka rainout.

Ren

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2012, 04:21 PM)zonk Wrote: if temp set at 80F (auto mode) the temp displayed on the screen doesn't change but the climate control adjust humidity level of 80% relative humidity and protect against rainout.

manual mode gives more flexibility but without rainout protection

Oh man, thanks for warning me. I requested a ClimateLine hose because of experience with rainout (which took some time to diagnose, all the connections to the machine, the mask, etc until I finally found the problem) so that's very important to me. I haven't received it yet - still awaiting the government funding but it's coming. I'd hate to do something to defeat the purpose.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 235 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 950 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 606 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 355 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 577 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,288 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.