Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

heated tube is locked
Sad 
heated tube is locked
how do i unlock the heated tube so it heats ?Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: heated tube is locked
Go into the clinical setup menu and change the settings. Follow the directions here: http://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one-...structions

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll add that the humidifier and heated tube work better if you turn System One Humidification OFF, which makes menus to set the humidity and tube temperature visible.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2016, 08:10 PM)bentrodinn Wrote: how do i unlock the heated tube so it heats ?Oh-jeez
Its not locked. By default if a hwated hose is plugged in it turns irself on.
Your little wave icon on the machine will be orange.
If they are blue simply go into patient setup and turn on heated tube.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2016, 08:10 PM)bentrodinn Wrote: how do i unlock the heated tube so it heats ?Oh-jeez

Do you have the Clinicians Manual for your machine? If not, request it, see link at top of page (cpap setup manuals)

In the meantime, go to setup menu, press the round knob and the arrow button at the same time until you hear it beep. Now you are in the Clinicians Menu. Scroll down and be sure heated hose is selected, with the correct tube size.

Actually, the PR 560 should do this automatically when you connect the heated tube to the machine. There is no button to turn it on.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

I have tried that, but cannot get the menu to unlock "heated tube" Help! It says locked in the menu. I cannot seem to unlock it. I have disconnected and reconnected the tube but the wave symbol is still blue.

Thank youj
Post Reply Post Reply
Again. You DO NOT have to go into clinical to turn the heated tube on or off. Can be done in simple patient set up.
By default if its plugged in it is on.
But it can be turned off in patient set up.
That will put machine in system one humidty mode.

Post Reply Post Reply

I hsve the clinicl manual and have gone into the patient menu, but in the clinical menu Heated Tube is locked. I need toi know how to unlock??? Thank ou for all your suggestions but I have tried them with no result.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do this. Plug hose in. Turn knob to set up.
Find heated hose. Push knob to highlight, turn knob to select on.
Push knob. Select back push knob.

All in plain patient set up.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2016, 08:48 PM)bentrodinn Wrote: I hsve the clinicl manual and have gone into the patient menu, but in the clinical menu Heated Tube is locked. I need toi know how to unlock??? Thank ou for all your suggestions but I have tried them with no result.

Get out of clinical set up. As long as the heated tube is pluggd in it will show locked there. It means its locked to 15 mm.
Turn it on in plain patient set up menu.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 108 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 226 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 474 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 952 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Q-tube View 0 194 02-04-2024, 01:35 PM
Last Post: View
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 451 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 608 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.