Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

hegel's therapy thread
hegel's therapy thread

whoo-hoo! I just figured out how to post a screen shot. This is last nights, and it ends early because of how my machine calculates hours. tomorrow the whole 8 hours will post. Looks pretty good though! This is with a p10 and very good mouth tape--Leukostrip cover roll stretch.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: test screen shot
Congratulations! Well-done

If you are starting a therapy help thread, I suggest that your title needs some work. Big Grin

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
i think you need a bit higher pressure on your mask
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2021, 11:48 AM)firecooler Wrote: i think you need a bit higher pressure on your mask

Could be. Higher pressure to address centrals and hypopneas?

I had my minimum at 8 and am experimenting with lower pressure. 7 left me breathless when I'd lay down with my mouth taped!

Actually the other thing I'm doing differently is going from having ERP off to the highest setting, 3, thinking that would help with mouth leaks. But my CA's and hypopneas may have gone up because of that.

Any comments from the experts are welcome!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: hegel's therapy thread
I took the liberty of renaming your thread to better reflect its intent.  The new name is now, hegel's therapy thread.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Crimson Nape!
Post Reply Post Reply
If CA were an issue, and at this below .50 rate, they're not expected to be, lower and close to static pressure may work best on the CA. But again I'm not suggesting any action on CA. These aren't that high on this chart.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks sarcasticdave: I don't really understand how pressure is related to ca's. In any case, last night was a good night and I'm happy with my settings. I've had a week of good nights with a newish set up except for one night with huge leaks. If things start to look worse I'll post more screen shots of my Oscar stats.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK a thumbnail teaching nugget: I'm basing my answer on the treatment emergent Centrals and not my type of CA which is pre-existing, treating Apnea with any PAP will make breathing, and specifically CO2 exhausting, more efficient. This causes an unbalanced CO2 level in the bloodstream and that turns into CA. So actions with this type of CA means intentionally making your PAP therapy less efficient and that in turn reduces treatment emergent Centrals. Those actions are reducing EPR, Flex, or PS, and maybe reducing pressures, and sometimes even going static CPAP.

You may note that acting against these treatment emergent Centrals is opposite what we do to reduce Obstructive based Apnea and Hypopnea. That's why you may see me say CA and OA are on opposing sides of the teeter-totter. Push either side down, the other goes up.

Just a teaching moment and not suggestion for action.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great, I follow what you're saying. I've seen other threads that I've been reading how the "teeter totter" comes up. I think I grasp that better now.

I'd assumed that more pressure would overcome obstructions, and that CA's were just minor variants on OA's. So they would need "a little more" pressure and OA's would need "a lot more" pressure to overcome. I see that's not right. Hmmm, it's complex.

So: I recently went to EPR 3 from 0. I'm really just guessing here. It feels fine; at best a subtle difference. For comfort I'm fine with any setting. If I understand, you're suggesting going back to 0 epr? In other words, I'm TOO efficient in eliminating co2 with epr3? that seems counter intuitive. maybe I still don't really understand about co2 in the blood.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,068 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 165 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,357 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 960 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,209 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.