Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

hello
RE: hello
Peroxide is a great cleaner and contact disinfectant, but that characteristic does not apply when evaporated in very low concentrations like you would get by running it in the humidifier; however that would disinfect the humidifier. Just be careful as it is corrosive to metals and I'm not sure the heat transfer plate would do well with sustained contact.

I have used Ozium to restore a CPAP unit obtained from a smoker. It's that good. I will not de-odorize permeable silicon seals which absorb the odor, but the fan, and CPAP seem to respond well. It is commonly used by professional car detailers to give old cars that "new" odor. It works in a way that deoderizers just can't.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: hello
(04-11-2015, 08:50 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Peroxide is a great cleaner and contact disinfectant, but that characteristic does not apply when evaporated in very low concentrations like you would get by running it in the humidifier; however that would disinfect the humidifier. Just be careful as it is corrosive to metals and I'm not sure the heat transfer plate would do well with sustained contact.

I have used Ozium to restore a CPAP unit obtained from a smoker. It's that good. I will not de-odorize permeable silicon seals which absorb the odor, but the fan, and CPAP seem to respond well. It is commonly used by professional car detailers to give old cars that "new" odor. It works in a way that deoderizers just can't.

Now that you mention that, I hate the "new car odor" smell. And knowing that at higher humidity levels there is condensation that reaches even the nasal mask, I would simply run it with peroxide which will not hurt the silicone or plastic and it would kill the mold on contact. Hopefully AnnieC will get the DME to help her and will update us on how the issue was solved.

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.