Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: Resmed Climateline
CPAP Pressure: Auto Bilevel 18/9, PS 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: hello
Peroxide is a great cleaner and contact disinfectant, but that characteristic does not apply when evaporated in very low concentrations like you would get by running it in the humidifier; however that would disinfect the humidifier. Just be careful as it is corrosive to metals and I'm not sure the heat transfer plate would do well with sustained contact.

I have used Ozium to restore a CPAP unit obtained from a smoker. It's that good. I will not de-odorize permeable silicon seals which absorb the odor, but the fan, and CPAP seem to respond well. It is commonly used by professional car detailers to give old cars that "new" odor. It works in a way that deoderizers just can't.

04-11-2015 08:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Mich Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset For Her
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Respironics Wisp/Resmed F10 on standby 4 allergy season
Humidifier: Airsense 10 humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 7-11
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Mask recommendations: 1) Wisp 2) Eson (Avoid P10 and N10)

Sex: Female

RE: hello
(04-11-2015 08:50 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:  Peroxide is a great cleaner and contact disinfectant, but that characteristic does not apply when evaporated in very low concentrations like you would get by running it in the humidifier; however that would disinfect the humidifier. Just be careful as it is corrosive to metals and I'm not sure the heat transfer plate would do well with sustained contact.

I have used Ozium to restore a CPAP unit obtained from a smoker. It's that good. I will not de-odorize permeable silicon seals which absorb the odor, but the fan, and CPAP seem to respond well. It is commonly used by professional car detailers to give old cars that "new" odor. It works in a way that deoderizers just can't.

Now that you mention that, I hate the "new car odor" smell. And knowing that at higher humidity levels there is condensation that reaches even the nasal mask, I would simply run it with peroxide which will not hurt the silicone or plastic and it would kill the mold on contact. Hopefully AnnieC will get the DME to help her and will update us on how the issue was solved.
04-12-2015 05:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply