Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

hello from UK
RE: hello
(05-17-2016, 07:04 PM)plainhat Wrote: I'm pretty new here too (just a day), but figured I should also say Welcome! Welcome

Welcome plainhat Coffee
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: hello
You are in the right place, sure you will get help from this forum, like we all do Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: hello from UK
Hi AlanT,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi AlanT, welcome.

From one UK'er to another, there are a few of us about on hereDielaughing, how did you find your experience with the NHS?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2016, 08:49 AM)Phill Wrote: Hi AlanT, welcome.

From one UK'er to another, there are a few of us about on hereDielaughing, how did you find your experience with the NHS?

Do you really want to know. Huh

Alan
Post Reply Post Reply
I take it from your comment that it was a not entirely happy and efficient experience, same here, suffice to say that if they had given me the correct equipment in the first instance it would probably have saved the NHS money, along with saving me a great deal of worry, suffering, and inconvenience.

I have likely bored people rigid on here with my comments on what I consider my poor treatment by the NHS, all I can say is that from the comments made by those suffering under the American system they fare little better.Dont-know

I take it that you or they have informed the DVLA?

Phill
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2016, 08:51 AM)Phill Wrote: I take it that you or they have informed the DVLA?

Phill

Neither my doctor or myself have been given the results of the sleep study yet. I was waiting to speak to my doctor about informing the dvla.

Alan
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting, I had the sleep test, saw the nurse? who gave me my machine, well part of my machine, as at first I was not given a humidifier or heated hose both of which I needed, with a printout of the sleep test graphs, and a letter telling me I should inform the DVLA.
Other than going to see my GP to get a referral letter to have a private consultation as the NHS hospital had been so "poor", she has had no input at all.

The main criteria would appear to be that provided your readings are reasonable, you must show that you are using the machine for at least 4 hours a night.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2016, 08:33 AM)Phill Wrote: Interesting, I had the sleep test, saw the nurse? who gave me my machine, well part of my machine, as at first I was not given a humidifier or heated hose both of which I needed, with a printout of the sleep test graphs, and a letter telling me I should inform the DVLA.
Other than going to see my GP to get a referral letter to have a private consultation as the NHS hospital had been so "poor", she has had no input at all.

The main criteria would appear to be that provided your readings are reasonable, you must show that you are using the machine for at least 4 hours a night.

I have just got an appointment to go for a machine end of next week.
I was referred in January.

According to the dvla you don't need to notify them of OSA unless you have obstructive sleep apnoea which affects your ability to drive safely i.e. sleepiness or obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome. So this is determined by your results and what your consultant and doctor say.

Alan

Post Reply Post Reply
And the very best of luck.

Text of the letter I was given:

You have been diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnoea, on the basis of the clinical history and overnight sleep study.
You are undergoing a trial of treatment with CPAP, which we would recommend you continue.

If you hold a driving licence, it is necessary to inform the DVLA of this diagnosis. It is necessary to be on effective treatment to maintain a driving licence. even on treatment, you should not drive when feeling sleepy or excessively tired.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.