Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

help evaluating data
help evaluating data
Using Airsense10 for her last 4 days.  This is my latest data.  Any help appreciated.

https://i.imgur.com/MwBilg4.png
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: help evaluating data
Looks like positional. Large clusters of OA's. Have you tried a Soft Cervical Collar?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Will try it tonight.  Would you normally see a high leak rate associated with this.  My leak rate was low?
Post Reply Post Reply
Another point - it looks like you have some sessions that started early. The graph starts at about 1 PM and goes until almost 8 AM, yet SH reports 10 hours of sleep. If you scroll the left column you will see the list of 'sessions'; click the little green bar beside the session(s) before 10 PM so they turn red. This will remove them from all calculations, give you an expanded view of your sleep session, and a more accurate value for your AHI.
Post Reply Post Reply
Phol ynyk
I did nap in the afternoon with my mask but no data showing up?
Post Reply Post Reply
I suspected that, and I'm guessing you might have the Ramp set up with a start pressure at 4 (the default) and also the ramp time set to Auto - also the default. Under those conditions the pressure doesn't start going up until the machine 'decides' you are asleep, so it stayed under the minimum on the graph.

Of course, I could be all wrong about why no data showed up, but there's no point in having all that empty space on the chart, is there?
Post Reply Post Reply
yankees123,
I think I know what your asking. The cervical collar can be used to help with mouth leaks. In your case it's to keep your chin from dropping down to your chest. When that happens it cuts off your airway. That results in clusters of OA's. The collar will keep you from tucking your chin in.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
https://i.imgur.com/E2MdVfv.png

I have ramp set to off.  Here is my new display.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also why are my flow limitations so high?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yankees, some of your results are kind of puzzling to me. Your settings are 8-18 and no EPR, yet your pressure never exceeds 13.68 cm. I would expect with the clusters of apnea that pressure would increase higher.

I'd like to confirm some settings, and maybe introduce EPR as a way to address the flow limitations. First, lets put your machine in Autoset Standard mode, not soft or For Her. I want the minimum pressure to be increased from 8.0 to 11.0, and put EPR at 2 Full Time. Leave the maximum pressure at 18.0 cm.

I agree with previous observations that a cervical collar may be helpful, but I'd like to get some more dynamics into your pressure response and some pressure relief for exhale to help reduce the flow limits.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 798 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Evaluating ResScan 5.9, but S. Manz 7 752 08-04-2021, 08:59 PM
Last Post: S. Manz
  Need help evaluating results MightGuy 14 1,583 09-24-2020, 08:03 AM
Last Post: redsugarcrystals
  Dreamstation CPAP vs Aircurve BiPap data? Data over time for Insp/Exp? Desiree 12 2,281 05-20-2020, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  No sleep doctor where I live, need help evaluating OSCAR data jak75 6 1,224 04-22-2020, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.