Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lost Password - how to recover it
Lost Password - how to recover it
You can reset your own password by using the forum's "Lost Password" feature, here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/member....ion=lostpw

IMPORTANT:  Make sure you only request a reset ONE TIME, otherwise you'll have problems! You must WAIT for the reset email to be sent to you (it could take up to 30+ minutes).  If you don't see it in your email system, make sure to check your "spam" or "junk" email folder - it could be there.

When problems occur, here's what is likely happening - our system only sends out emails every 15-30 minutes via the automated "email task"...

SO... a member uses the password recovery feature, then goes to their email to see if the reset email came.  It doesn't come right away, so they go back and do the password recovery a second time.  And then, then check their email again... to find NO recovery email.  They might do this procedure several times within a short time period.

So what ends up happening is that they keep resetting their password MULTIPLE times before they even receive the email for the first reset attempt.  What that does is invalidates all previous reset numbers and resends another verification email.  Then the member clicks on an old, previous email link (which has now been invalidated) and the system displays an error message.

So basically what's happening is that members are too impatient for the email mail task to run so they attempt to use the password recovery option numerous times-- and when the email arrives, it contains a verification link from the VERY FIRST time they tried it (which doesn't work now, because they've run through the password recovery several times since then).

I get emails about this weekly, and its not an issue with the forum software, but rather the member being too impatient for the email task to run so they do it several times and when all the emails arrive they click on the wrong ones-- a cycle of annoyance from thereon.

I've tried my best to warn folks about this issue by putting in the following red warning when folks try to use the "lost password" (password recovery) option:

Quote:Note: After filling out your email address here and clicking the "Request Password Reset" button, please wait for UP TO 30 MINUTES for your reset email to arrive with your temporary password. If you enter a reset request here more than ONE TIME in any 3 hour period, the reset system will lock you out of your account, so please be patient and wait for that email to arrive.

That warning has helped to some degree, but I still get regular emails every week from people who don't read that warning and get locked out of their account.

In any case, when this happens, a member has two options:

1.  Wait for 3 hours, then use the lost password option and MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE you click on it ONE TIME, and then don't click on it again and simply WAIT for the reset email to be sent to you (it could take up to 30+ minutes).  If you don't see it there, make sure to check your "spam" or "junk" email folder - it could be there.  Once you find it, click on the reset link in the email and proceed to reset your password.

2.  If you don't want to wait for 3 hours to go by, you can email me at apneaboard@gmail.com and I can manually reset your password.  When you write, make sure you write from the email address you used during registration and also let me know your forum username.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New to cpap, lost and confused Sophia 4 126 04-08-2024, 08:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Lost weight, no doc, can't get my settings right... japesinjapan 10 438 04-04-2024, 03:18 AM
Last Post: bushinc
  Lost Red Pressure Graph Line ejbpesca 5 398 11-09-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Lost Trust in CheckmeMax O2 Watch cmpman1974 1 336 10-05-2023, 01:30 AM
Last Post: Old Mike
Question Newbie and using OSCAR - SUPER LOST and looking for advice DaveHirschler 26 2,129 08-01-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: DaveHirschler
  At a lost Sabee 6 716 03-23-2023, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Sabee
Gross [CPAP] Lost and Confused. Mycpapaccount 1 546 03-16-2023, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.