Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

help interpreting data
help interpreting data
    Hi there.  Recently got my Resmed machine out of the closet and started trying to use it again.  I use a FFM.  I've downloaded both Oscar and ResScan but I'm not sure what to make of the data.  Oscar shows an 84% Large Leak?  Any help would be appreciated.  I can post screenshots or the export data, anything you all need.  Thanks so much!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: help interpreting data
Your chart shows large leaks almost the entire time. Your machine can not provide any therapy with that much leakage. 

Try to fit it lying down at pressure and stop the leaks. Take a look at the mask primer

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Mask_Primer
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Canemedic Yes double down on staceyburke post, show's  Mask having " large leaking " all whole night, but saying that the large leaks, is still virtually being treated maintaining very low Numbers.  So have plenty room reduce pressure for proper fitted mask? 

Other consideration the testing mask fit leak function!  start at sleep putting mask on, may even checking if when woken during night check for the Mask Leak's? until get on top of the leaks. I would also presume those Leaks would also contributing to quite few waking's ?

Need to take control mask Fitting as is most likely that the  Mask is "Over Tight " Try to loosen mask as loose as get it fit without sliding on face with very light hm 2 finger pressure and also not feeling the strap pressure  and not leaves Mask impression's on face/ Head Hair ? most often is sign Straps to tight as should very hardly feel or know the straps there. Should be so if thinking of mask and eyes closed as if  have to touch for if the mask if is on or not ?  Then once on top of mask fitting and leaks, then worry about the work on best pressure setting which would expect much lower than shown with large leaks ? once on top of present large leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Post the following charts,
Events
Flow rate
Pressure
Flow Limits, your are high 95% is .56, we like to see it .1 or le#, this is driving your pressure
Mask leak, jagged peaks say mask leaks, tables or plateaus say mouth breathing

Your EPR is 2, increase to 3 to help with the flow Limits.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2021, 05:54 AM)Gideon Wrote: Post the following charts,
Events
Flow rate
Pressure
Flow Limits, your are high 95% is .56, we like to see it .1 or le#, this is driving your pressure
Mask leak, jagged peaks say mask leaks, tables or plateaus say mouth breathing

Your EPR is 2, increase to 3 to help with the flow Limits.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hey all.  So I replaced my 3 year old mask, new hose and new headgear.  I used it again last night and the "large leaks" went down from 84% to 14.9%  This is good?  Any other tips?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 101 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help interpreting iMatrix resvent Data Adamby1047 0 98 03-16-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Adamby1047
  Interpreting Oscar values SleepingTight 0 139 03-10-2024, 06:53 PM
Last Post: SleepingTight
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,036 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  Help interpreting non-obstructive events in OSCAR needsleeps 14 767 03-05-2024, 12:28 PM
Last Post: needsleeps
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 472 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61
Gross Need help interpreting data and making adjustments tiredandexpired 13 584 03-01-2024, 10:07 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.