Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

help me improve, please
help me improve, please
[img]blob:http://www.apneaboard.com/1b03fb6a-4009-4879-9081-68961731a04d[/img]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: help me improve, please
Please explain. I can’t see that...
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
You need to download OSCAR a free program on this site. Top Ribbon OSCAR it will take you to the download for mac. That is really the only way to share data on this site so people can help you. Again, totally free.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry it's a broken link.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
    [attachment=25950]trying as an attachment, my oscar results from last night[attachment=25950]
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure of the settings you're using, but it is going to Max pressure that it's set at and staying there. It is a Max setting that isn't high enough to take care of the apnea events. If you're on a Respironics, your Min pressure may also be too low if 4 is correct from your user profile. The Respironics machines are infamous for taking too long to respond if the low pressure is too far away, so it's likely the low setting needs bumped up. If possible, on the next OSCAR chart include the left panel of info minus pie chart and calendar. And also make mention of the exact PAP and settings you have.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you still using the Dreamwear mask?

I had several of them. My problem was leakage. The head gear would slip, then the mask would leak.
I had a collection of parts...the strap low on the back of the head didn't work very well. I took one from an old mask, added it, so I had two straps there....easy. Worked better for me.

ResMed has a similar mask now. I forget what it's called. If I wanted to use Nasal Pillows I would try that one (ask for a loaner from my DME first.)

Back in Dreamwear days I developed a bump low on my nostril; then one on my nose. They were surgically removed. I use a ResMed N20 now. It works better for me.

My story doesn't matter. I'm hoping my experiences will help you find a good solution. A good mask is solution for good treatment.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Barbara,
I guess we are kind of fussy here Smile but are you able to use the link in my signature line to guide you in organizing your chart and then use the attachment feature to post here.  

It looks like you are using a DreamStation, and we really need to see the following Graphs:

Events
Flow rate
Pressure
Leaks
Snore

(Important) pease include the left side bar, minus the pie chart and calendar.

Thanks!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
    Here is everything including the sidebar. I am using a Dreamstation with a ResMed N30i mask.  Minimum pressure (ramp) is 4,  max 9.  I have been achieving single digit AHI for the past week or so after a long time with different masks and different pressures.  Thanks to you all for your input.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m sure you will get others that will respond. You need to be on auto with a higher top pressure. Your 9 is not high enough. Maybe 9 - 12 but that is just a guess from me. The other thing is your leak rate is high and because of that you are not getting the therapy because the leak. It looks like you have tried several. I would use the minimal mask like a pillow mask. Then make sure using a collar or maybe even tapping to cut down the leak. Last turn off the ramp. During ramp time you are not getting therapy.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy jcp519 20 1,286 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 526 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Improve Respiratory Rate? MrIvanDrago 4 347 02-16-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Improve my CPAP Performance dpoelker 4 261 02-06-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New CPAP user here. Ready to learn. Please advise how I can improve! Sleepyman12 4 502 12-13-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Help interpreting OSCAR results to improve my sleep Provolone 5 540 11-08-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Provolone
  Before: 16 AHI, After: 2-3 AHI. Please help analyze to see if I can improve at all kenmai9 9 763 10-27-2023, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.