Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

help needed
help needed
[attachment=8890]i dont know what has happened but my AHI and periodic breathing have gone up in the last few weeks for no apparent reason, hope i get this right with the charts TIA
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: help needed
screenshot
Post Reply Post Reply
IMHO it looks like you have positional apnea, loosely clustered events, an increase in OA.  In addition, it looks like you have mixed/complex apnea, you have CA events comprising a good portion of your events.  

First, you need to settle the positional aspect of your apnea.  Many users here utilize a loose fitting soft cervical collar or an anti-snoring collar (no back) to keep the chin from tucking.

I'll need to look at your history to provide more specific suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
more than happy to send all info needed just dont know how much or how you would like to see my history
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking at your previous charts I see much of what is in this chart.
The best machine for you I suspect is the ResMed Aircurve ASV.  I don't believe that your current machine is capable of treating your apnea.

To help start at the beginning, can you attach your Sleep Studies.  Your original study, not your titration study will show what apneas you had then.  The titration studies will show what the Sleep Lab says is best for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
well that might explain alot. i was naive when i did a study and just went to a chemist who did a 2 night home test and then i felt pushed me into a machine. I have had no follow ups from 2 yrs ago (no contact since payed them)and have been trying to go alone as there are limited resources where I live.Looks like I may be stuck with a useless machine and not able to get a new one. Will try to get my results from them though Thanks will try the collar though
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the dilemma.

The rule of thumb for CPAP therapy

Raise pressure to reduce Obstructive Apnea (OA) and Hypopnea (H)
Lower pressure to reduce Central Apnea/Clear Airway (CA)

You have both, really easy to treat both at the same time right?

The best results on CPAP are usually received by using a fixed pressure, you are already there.  Why, because pressure variation frequently increases CA events
You are apparently using a form of Flex.  Which Flex and at what level?  Could you turn it off? again to reduce pressure variation and hopefully improve/lower your CA.

This is in addition to the Positional Apnea (OA/H) we discussed in previous posts.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another question, your profile says CPAP pressure 10, but your charts say CPAP pressure 14.  Why was it raised?

This makes me think we can lower your pressure but I'd like to know why it was raised first.  

And one more question How do you feel?  Are you having continued sleepiness, daytime tiredness, loss of alertness, need naps, etc. ?  These "complaints" may be "symptoms" and help define CPAP failure and reason/justification for getting a more expensive machine (ASV) thru the medical system.
Post Reply Post Reply
Firstly thankyou
As I have said I have seen doing this pretty much by myself hence the pressure changes. The main reason for myself looking for help is from all the "symptoms" you stated. Thankfully my wife work at a medical facility so I am using the collar and I have turned my c-flex off which was at level 3. I hope this helps. Once again thanks for taking time to help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,515 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 97 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Help needed SteveC 23 1,062 03-02-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  help needed teamarliss 7 290 02-25-2024, 10:11 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 276 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Advice Needed With Settings and Deciphering OSCAR Data WhatIsRemSleep 16 947 02-12-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.