Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

help please I feel like my therapy is not working
help please I feel like my therapy is not working
[attachment=14613][attachment=14614][attachment=14615]Good morning can I please get some advice. I now feel like I did before I started my cpap therapy here is last night charts
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: help please I feel like my therapy is not working
Your AHI was half this and much fewer hypopnea using EPR at 3 with pressure at 8-11. Why did you change?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was telling my sleep doc how I was feeling and I guess he must have done it so should I put it back to 3
Post Reply Post Reply
We do have to comply with physicians if we want them in our back pockets moving forward, but we also have to be as objective as possible, and to note, what if any changes arise from any changes in treatment.  So, we must be aware of what our treatment comprises, and then soberly accept long-standing, or durable, changes that result.  In your case, you should at least double it from an EPR of 1 to 2 and try it for a couple of nights.  If it starts going in the right direction, say with an AHI less than 3.0 or so, then go back to 3 and see what happens.

Nothing is cast in concrete here, and certainly not when our results start 'going south' on us.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Mesenteria I will try that.
I know it sucks to sleep all night with your mask on and wake up to feel like you havent slept at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-18-2019, 11:45 AM)King of no sleep Wrote: I was telling my sleep doc how I was feeling and I guess he must have done it so should I put it back to 3

My recommendation to you was based on a chart dated Aug. 1, in which you were using a minimum pressure of 10 and max 16, EPR 3. Your Obstructives and Hypopneas were low. Total AHI was 3.60.

I recommended turning down the EPR due to the Clear Airways, thinking that would help clear up a few of those (At that time, your Obstructives and Hypopneas were low.)

I never recommended a change in minimum pressure. I assumed you would keep it at 10.

Curious, did your doc drop your pressure from 10 to 8? That’s probably why your Obstructives and Hypopneas went up.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
yes my Doc is the one who changed it.
So may I ask what you would recommend?
all I know is my Balance is off and my brain is foggy and it sucks
all I want to do is sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-18-2019, 11:55 AM)King of no sleep Wrote: Thanks Mesenteria I will try that.
I know it sucks to sleep all night with your mask on and wake up to feel like you havent slept at all.

My sentiments exactly.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-18-2019, 12:40 PM)King of no sleep Wrote: yes my Doc is the one who changed it.
So may I ask what you would recommend?
all I know is my Balance is off and my brain is foggy and it sucks
all I want to do is sleep.

What was the reason the doctor gave for lowering the minimum pressure from 10 to 8?
I’m no expert, but I think you needed the higher pressure to tackle Hypopneas and Obstructives.

I’m not saying it was right or wrong, but in combination with the lowering of EPR had a negative effect.
My feeling is it should be one thing at a time and wait and see how it goes.

Sometimes, it’s trial and error getting things just right. You have CA’s, Hypopneas and Obstructives which makes it a balancing act to get pressure just right, and allowing you to sleep better.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
you know I am not sure I have been feeling this way for awhile
and that's what I was try to tell him
but you know how it goes your numbers look pretty good
for some reason I think I need a in lab sleep study or possible asv
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 5 223 1 hour ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 838 2 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,084 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 176 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 93 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.