Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

help requested with ahi
RE: help requested with ahi
Those are good numbers. I's stick with those settings and buy yourself a collar that fits better. Try Amazon, they have different sizes to choice from.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
My collar is about 3 inches.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a 4 inch one currently.  I think a 3 inch one would be best for me.  Will try to get that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is my data from the last 3 days.  My AHI has gone up some in those 3 days.
I am trying to learn how to read the charts more and I notice from what it seems that I get much more episodes when I go back down to 8 pressure but also when the pressure goes too high, which I have known in the past was a problem.
I was thinking maybe trying a fixed pressure of 9 and see.  Or am i reading the charts wrong? Thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
Using a stable pressure can tell you a lot. Your pressure is not moving around much anyway, but when it does, centrals seem to be the kind of event that occur. There is no pattern to the events in terms of clustering, time of night or even type. A fixed pressure might reduce disruption and give you a better support at 9.0. Seems like a good idea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have only been at this for about 6 months or so, but I am curious, does the pressure needs of a person tend to always be changing or do they stay pretty stable after awhile of this?
She had started me at 5 pressure minimum and quickly saw she should change be to a fixed 6 pressure.  Now I seem to be up to 9.  Is it just because I was just starting and just got used to the 6? Or does the pressure just tend to keep climbing over the years?
Just curious.
Post Reply Post Reply
It can go up and down. A lot of things can cause it. Sleeping position, weight, age and health. It's a on going process.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Here are my numbers from last night.  I actually didnt switch to a fixed pressure of 9 last night.  Decided to just try another mask last night before I would consider another change.
I put on the AirFit N20 last night.  Slept much better with that last night, although Sleepyhead mentioned I had a large leak when I first imported my last nights data.
I like the N20, although I do seem to have more issues with leaks with that one.  My numbers were good regardless though.
Post Reply Post Reply
Leaks aren't really that bad. Numbers look good like you said. I think your set.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyhead is configured for the resmed large leak threshold and not the way Philips does it. It’s only an issue if Philips flags a large leak and I don’t see any here looks kill a good night how do you feel
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advise requested: Should I LOWER my pressure? Aknakon 21 1,204 12-22-2023, 08:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  F&P Evora Full - Feedback Requested Columbiabill 10 1,009 10-04-2023, 12:36 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  RECOMMENDATION REQUESTED - LIGHT THERAPY srlevine1 0 384 07-23-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Settings Improvements Requested bcurtiswx 4 457 02-17-2023, 01:39 AM
Last Post: Melman
  OSCAR review requested lvl0rg4n 1 525 12-04-2022, 08:18 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Post-radiation changes... help requested REMember 44 2,737 06-05-2022, 03:26 PM
Last Post: REMember
  [Help Requested] How to improve? bigbiz 11 1,499 02-13-2022, 04:15 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.