Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

help resmed hi5 problem again
help resmed hi5 problem again
i am still having problems with my humidifier..the heat setting warms up.. but after 1/2 or so... no heat. what am i doing wrong??

i am so frustrated.... my sinus r a mess...
so i have two questions..
1. can someone give the precise directions on how to use the humidifier with the heated hose and / or regular hose?
2. when using climate control what do most use as a setting..?
3. do you use the room temp?

thanks...

guess i should have said.., "still ". Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: help resmed hi5 problem again
With the regular hose, I just set the humidifier setting to 4.5 (and leave it there). I assume my humidifier works because the water level is lower in the morning -- curious to know why you think the humidifier is not working for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
There's lots of playing around to be done to find the right settings for you. I suffered very badly with sinus problems with the climateline hose and tried every possible combination I could think of. I switched to the slimline hose and my only complaint was a very dry nose. I went back to the climateline as I wanted to try the pass-over/pass through method, that worked. But still suffered with a slightly dry nose. I've found the perfect solution for me, temperature on 19C which is about 66F and humidity setting on 2....works a treat, no more sinus headaches, bunged sinus's and no more dry nose, the water level doesn't drop either as it's obviously not enough heat so it's the pass-over method with a slight twist.

When you use the heated hose, the hose feels warm for a while, but then doesn't - however, if the water from the chamber is used up over the night, it must be working. If you don't feel any drops of cold water on your nose/face during the night, it's working. Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
i believe the humidifier is not working correctly because the water and heat plate are cold in the morning.
i wake up with dry dry mouth and sinuses...
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2014, 10:29 PM)lafsa Wrote: i believe the humidifier is not working correctly because the water and heat plate are cold in the morning.
i wake up with dry dry mouth and sinuses...

What about the water level? Has it gone down overnight? When I have mine on 4.5, it's almost empty the next morning. Currently I run at 4.0 and it's performing fine. What humidifier level are you running?

Post Reply Post Reply
i have the climate control set at 85 degrees f....
is that right?

Post Reply Post Reply
I use the climateline hose. There is a warm up feature I use before I mask up. It takes about 20 minutes and when I turn off the machine in the morning it has a cool down for about 20 minutes. But it isn't really anything I can decidedly feel to the touch with being warm or cold. I have noticed the warmup feature makes the initial air feel more comfortable when I first turn on the CPAP. I have my climateline set at 75 (I think) ... not where I can look at it right now. My water chamber is usually about 3/4 empty in the mornings in a dry house with wood stove running. When it isn't as dry in the house, it uses less water.

Your setting of 85 isn't necessarily right or wrong. It is just how it feels to you. I had mine higher for a time and it felt too wet in my nose. Kind of bubbly around the nasal pillows. I didn't like that feeling so I turned it down.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've not read through the other posts but have you tried the warm up feature? If it does not get warm then, it is faulty.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for the responses...
i tried the warm up feature last night...it seemed to work... yippeeeeeeee...the water was tepid this am...

my old machine was a simple one... turn it on and sleep...
guess i just have to get used to all the bells n whistles on my new fancy dancy auto...

tomorrow i will try to tackle the software...
get ready for more questions.... (:
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,567 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,330 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,469 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 331 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 550 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 391 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.